Sign in to follow this  
squiderp12

A very odd deck I made that's doing okay.

squiderp12

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Scraggy UNM 137
* 2 Scrafty UNM 138
* 3 Crabrawler UNB 104
* 3 Crabominable UNB 105
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Yamper SSH 74
* 2 Boltund SSH 75
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Marshadow CEC 103

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Vitality Band SSH 185
* 4 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Pal Pad SSH 172
* 2 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 2 Great Ball SSH 164
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154

##Energy - 13

* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 2 Draw Energy CEC 209
* 4 Aurora Energy SSH 186
* 3 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The idea of the deck is that it counters the meta and decks I usually find myself against, (Mainly Pikarom and Lapras VMAX) so I ran a bunch of searches through the Pokemon Database for certain effects on cards, with a goal of not needing any specific energy costs to play the deck. I don't know the win/loss ratio, because the PTCGO win/play counter doesn't work, but I have a 6-win streak with it, although, granted, I've been running into a lot of insta-concedes. I've not tested the deck much, so I thought I would post it here to see what you guys thought of it.

ellomello044208

Neat deck you’ve got there! Since you’re running so many different Stage 1s, I’d add a Ditto {*}. Play 1 Tapu Koko {*} to accelerate Lightning energy into play to help pay for Boltund’s attack as well as other 2-energy attack costs. You can swap the Aurora energy for Lightning energy. If you’re running Scoop Up Net, use a Mewtwo UNB instead of Pal Pad to recycle your Supporters. Also throw in an Oranguru SSH to save cards from Marnie and to get Supporters you recover with Mind Report into your hand immediately. You have enough Pokémon that it seems more practical to run 2 Evolution Incense and 4 Pokémon Communication instead of 2 Great Ball and 2 of your Evolution Incense. Add in another Triple Acceleration Energy and take out the 2 Draw Energy. Swap the Vitality Bands for Zigzagoons, they’ll be easier to find. Add in a 1-1 or 2-2 line of Weezing UNB to get the extra damage.

• Upvote 1

squiderp12
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ellomello044208 said:

Neat deck you’ve got there! Since you’re running so many different Stage 1s, I’d add a Ditto {*}. Play 1 Tapu Koko {*} to accelerate Lightning energy into play to help pay for Boltund’s attack as well as other 2-energy attack costs. You can swap the Aurora energy for Lightning energy. If you’re running Scoop Up Net, use a Mewtwo UNB instead of Pal Pad to recycle your Supporters. Also throw in an Oranguru SSH to save cards from Marnie and to get Supporters you recover with Mind Report into your hand immediately. You have enough Pokémon that it seems more practical to run 2 Evolution Incense and 4 Pokémon Communication instead of 2 Great Ball and 2 of your Evolution Incense. Add in another Triple Acceleration Energy and take out the 2 Draw Energy. Swap the Vitality Bands for Zigzagoons, they’ll be easier to find. Add in a 1-1 or 2-2 line of Weezing UNB to get the extra damage.

Ditto {*} - I'm keeping this deck post-rotation.

I have to have psychic energy to use Marshadow's attack, which I use to beat Zacian V(and any other pokemon that KOs itself). That's why I have the Aurora energy instead of lightning. Would the deck get clunkier if I had 2 basic energy types + special energy? 

Since I already am running so many stage 1s, wouldn't it make the deck much less consistent if I added Weezing?

Should I replace the Boltund with the Golisopod that's coming out in Darkness Ablaze when I can?

The Oranguru, Mewtwo, Triple Acceleration Energy, Pokemon Communication, and Zigzagoons are definitely ones I will do.

Edited by squiderp12

ellomello044208

In lieu of running so much Special energy, you can also consider using a Welder and Giant Hearth engine. A Welder will allow you to pay for Marshadow’s attack in 1 turn, as well as your other attackers. In that situation, a Basic Pokémon alternative to Weezing is Tornadus UNM who, with a Thunderous on your Bench, can clean up Pokémon in the front and on the Bench. If it’s been working out okay for you as is, disregard this suggestion.

For the sake of the Lapras VMAX matchup and other Lightning weak Pokémon, keeping Boltund around is a good idea. Goliosopod’s attack is a strong alternative and will likely be a better option than Boltund against most decks, so I wouldn’t completely rule out running it, especially if Lapras VMAX and Inteleon VMAX become less popular with Vikavolt V. Mimikyu TEU is another potential tech, it’s particularly strong in the ADP matchup and it’s attack can be paid for with a Welder or other form of slight energy acceleration.

Speaking of energy acceleration, you have a lot of options as a Stage 1 Pokémon deck. You can’t use your main attackers on the first turn so using a Pokémon’s attack to accelerate energy into play is worth considering. Rotom CEC is one of the better options out there, it accelerates 2 basic energy from your discard into play for 1 Psychic energy, making a lot more Pokémon potentially playable. Sadly, Shuckle LOT will be rotating out so using Fresh Squeezed to get energy into the discard pile won’t be an option. 

squiderp12
8 minutes ago, ellomello044208 said:

In lieu of running so much Special energy, you can also consider using a Welder and Giant Hearth engine. A Welder will allow you to pay for Marshadow’s attack in 1 turn, as well as your other attackers. In that situation, a Basic Pokémon alternative to Weezing is Tornadus UNM who, with a Thunderous on your Bench, can clean up Pokémon in the front and on the Bench. If it’s been working out okay for you as is, disregard this suggestion.

For the sake of the Lapras VMAX matchup and other Lightning weak Pokémon, keeping Boltund around is a good idea. Goliosopod’s attack is a strong alternative and will likely be a better option than Boltund against most decks, so I wouldn’t completely rule out running it, especially if Lapras VMAX and Inteleon VMAX become less popular with Vikavolt V. Mimikyu TEU is another potential tech, it’s particularly strong in the ADP matchup and it’s attack can be paid for with a Welder or other form of slight energy acceleration.

Speaking of energy acceleration, you have a lot of options as a Stage 1 Pokémon deck. You can’t use your main attackers on the first turn so using a Pokémon’s attack to accelerate energy into play is worth considering. Rotom CEC is one of the better options out there, it accelerates 2 basic energy from your discard into play for 1 Psychic energy, making a lot more Pokémon potentially playable. Sadly, Shuckle LOT will be rotating out so using Fresh Squeezed to get energy into the discard pile won’t be an option. 

1st of all RIP Shuckle, for making my favorite deck, Alolan Exeggutor, playable.

I didn't even think of Welder! *facepalm* I'll definitely experiment with it. 

squiderp12
Posted (edited)

Here's a Welder list:

##Pokémon - 23

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 2 **********igzagoon SSH 117
* 2 Scraggy UNM 137
* 2 Scrafty UNM 138
* 3 Crabrawler UNB 104
* 3 Crabominable UNB 105
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Yamper SSH 74
* 2 Boltund SSH 75
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Marshadow CEC 103
* 1 Mewtwo UNB 75

##Trainer Cards - 25

* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Switch SSH 183
* 2 Giant Hearth UNM 197
* 2 Welder UNB 189

##Energy - 12

* 9 Fire Energy SWSHEnergy 2
* 3 Aurora Energy SSH 186

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I haven't tested it yet since I'm doing an event right now, but does this look better?

Edit: why is the Galar  ian zigzagoon getting censored?

Edited by squiderp12

ellomello044208
32 minutes ago, squiderp12 said:

Here's a Welder list:

##Pokémon - 23

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 2 Scraggy UNM 137
* 2 Scrafty UNM 138
* 3 Crabrawler UNB 104
* 3 Crabominable UNB 105
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Yamper SSH 74
* 2 Boltund SSH 75
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Marshadow CEC 103
* 1 Mewtwo UNB 75

##Trainer Cards - 25

* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 1 Switch SSH 183
* 2 Giant Hearth UNM 197
* 2 Welder UNB 189

##Energy - 12

* 9 Fire Energy SWSHEnergy 2

Total Cards - 60

I haven't tested it yet since I'm doing an event right now, but does this look better?

Edit: why is the Galar  ian zigzagoon getting censored?

As Welder is your primary form of energy acceleration, you may want to up your Welder count to 3 or 4 in place of some of your other supporters. Add in another Giant Hearth for more consistency instead of 1 Fire energy. Maybe play 1 Marshadow UNB for Chaotic Swell? You shouldn’t need the Switch, adding another Scoop Up Net should be fine.

squiderp12
Posted (edited)

Updated:

##Pokémon - 23

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 2 Scraggy UNM 137
* 2 Scrafty UNM 138
* 3 Crabrawler UNB 104
* 3 Crabominable UNB 105
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 2 Yamper SSH 74
* 2 Boltund SSH 75
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Marshadow CEC 103
* 1 Mewtwo UNB 75

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 3 Giant Hearth UNM 197
* 4 Welder UNB 189
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 2 Marnie SSH 169

##Energy - 11

* 8 Fire Energy SWSHEnergy 2

Total Cards - 60

Edited by squiderp12

Sign in to follow this