MY FIRST DECK BUILD! Any feedback is apprecaited

RocketGroot55

Hello everyone, Rocketgroot55 here,

New to Pokemon and Diggin it. Loving the online game. The main reason i want to use it is to build  my decks off of cards i actually have...

So maybe  if they work well on the game than I can translate that to actually tournaments ( when they come back that is)

So here it is let me know what u think...

PS- in the trading posts, why is everyone so thirsty for "Deddene GX" and "Bosses Orders" ? lol

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Chansey HIF 46
* 1 Kangaskhan HIF 47
* 1 Snorlax HIF 50
* 4 Charmander HIF 7
* 1 Growlithe RCL 27
* 2 Magmar HIF 10
* 1 Salandit UNB 30
* 1 Vulpix RCL 24
* 2 Charmeleon HIF 8
* 1 Magmortar RCL 30
* 2 Charizard-GX PR-SM 211

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 1 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 2 Giant Hearth UNM 197
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 2 Welder UNB 189
* 2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 1 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Rare Candy SSH 180
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 1 Brock's Grit HIF 53
* 2 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 1 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Energy Search BCR 128
* 2 Switch SSH 183

##Energy - 15

* 1 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 12 Fire Energy SWSHEnergy 2
* 2 Aurora Energy SSH 186

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hi!😀 Welcome to Pokemon!

First of all, everyone wants Dedenne-GX and Boss's Orders as dedenne is a great consistency card and Boss's orders can bring up any pokemon you want to attack.

That is a good start, but here is what I think would be a little more consistent

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Charmander HIF 7
* 2 Growlithe RCL 27
* 2 Arcanine UNB 22
* 3 Charmeleon HIF 8
* 1 Charizard TEU 14
* 2 Charizard-GX HIF 9
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 195

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 3 Giant Hearth UNM 197
* 3 Welder UNB 189
* 1 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 233
* 1 Rare Candy SSH 180
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 1 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 2 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 2 Switch SSH 183
* 4 Great Ball SSH 164
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192

##Energy - 13

* 13 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

If you need any cards, just let me know, and I would be more than happy to trade you some cards for some packs!

To make the deck even more consistent, you can run 4 Charmander, 1 Charmeleon, 3 Charizard GX, and 4 Rare Candy for your main Pokemon line. For support Pokemon and other attackers, keep the 2 Growlithe and 2 Arcanine UNB and add in 2 Vulpix and 2 Ninetales TEU. Arcanine is a great attacker who will help you get more energy into play on your Charizards in the back and Ninetale's Nine Temptations will let you gust up any Pokemon without playing a Supporter card like Boss's Orders, provided you can discard 2 Fire energy from your hand. To help with discarding energy, add in 2 more copies of Fire Crystal. Running 4 Welder, 4 Cynthia/Professor's Research, and 4 Pokegear will give your deck a solid draw engine. This way, you'll be able to avoid running Dedenne GX, which is a pretty expensive card. You can cut 2 Scoop Up Net, 1 Green's Exploration, 4 Great Ball, 2 Charmeleon, 1 Charizard TEU, 2 Dedenne GX, 2 Boss's Orders, 1 Great Catcher, and 1 Fire energy from @MBehl's list to get room.

• Upvote 1

Thx guys for the feedback. So I probably just might buy a second trainers toolkit. Thats where i got all my trainers anyway. The only ones ide have to try to get separately is Cynthia. 

But again thank you both very much

43 minutes ago, RocketGroot55 said:

Thx guys for the feedback. So I probably just might buy a second trainers toolkit. Thats where i got all my trainers anyway. The only ones ide have to try to get separately is Cynthia. 

But again thank you both very much

That is a good idea. You could find some cheap trainers toolkit codes online for around 10 dollars

Edited by MBehl

Yeah, the trainer cards are the most important part of the deck, so it's good to have the best ones if you can.  This deck will benefit greatly from Welder in addition to the normal supporters of professor's research, cynthia, and marnie.  It might also be worth running a second charizard TEU, to allow an non-gx attacker as well as acceleration.  I think folks above me have got the important stuff covered.  I guess I'm not sure how much it's fair to recommend when you're trying to work with what you have. :P

14 hours ago, SuperStone said:

Yeah, the trainer cards are the most important part of the deck, so it's good to have the best ones if you can.  This deck will benefit greatly from Welder in addition to the normal supporters of professor's research, cynthia, and marnie.  It might also be worth running a second charizard TEU, to allow an non-gx attacker as well as acceleration.  I think folks above me have got the important stuff covered.  I guess I'm not sure how much it's fair to recommend when you're trying to work with what you have. :P

Nah by all means brother any feedback is good