Dedenne-GX vs. Professor's Research

Nynja314

Let's say I have a hand of Dedenne-GX and a Professor's Research. In which situations should I play the Dedenne, and when should I play Professor's Research?

Thank you!

Let's use scenarios

Well if the bench is full, play the Professor's Research.

To add, even if the bench isn't full, you have to plan ahead. Will it be worth playing the Dedenne? You do have cards that can pick up your pokemon, but most of the good ones are in expanded.

If you go for the Research, will you have ways to get the Dedenne out of your discard pile if you need it later? Or course, there are cards that can do that, but it depends, because they might not be in your deck.I

There are other scenarios too, but these are the ones off of the top of my head.

In summary,

I'd really just say that it mostly depends on your bench. There's only a one card difference between the two, though, In some situations, that can be the difference.

• Upvote 3

The choice can also be affected by what deck your opponent is playing. Do they have a way to capitalize off of a 2-prize Pokémon on your Bench with Cramorant V for instance? Will it give your opponent a way to get ahead on the prize trade?

Another thing to consider is the remaining contents of your deck, or what you’re looking for. If you know that you can win if you can find a Great Catcher/Boss’s Orders in your deck, you’re better off playing Dedenne GX over Professor’s Research because you can win if you find a Boss’s Orders or a Great Catcher, not just a Great Catcher. (You can’t play Boss’s Orders and Professor’s Research in the same turn.)

Your decision may also differ on whether or not it’s your first turn. If you only have 1 Pokémon down and you’re worried that you’ll get donked, you probably want to Dedechange. If you’re looking to set up further, you’ll also want to Dedechange over playing a Professor’s Research so you can see more cards between your Supporter per turn and the Dedechange. 

• Upvote 2