Mass status condition / Please help.

XBMYosho

Hey folks,

I've been on a serious kick for status conditions, mainly poison and playing sort of off meta decks. The deck list I currently have is incomplete because I just don't know what to put in it. I would like to make it standard but I feel expanded is most likely going to be the landing spot for it.

I thought about devolution spray but I just don't know.

My main concerns are:

1: I don't have enough Pokemon, but I don't know what to add. Obviously the main attacker is Alolan Muk paired with Memory Energy but what else? I've thought about Absol with maybe Scoop Up Net so I can move damage counters around.

2: Pal Pad or Vs Seeker?

3: Ear-Ringing Bell seems like a must since I'm not running a GX with high HP.

4: Maybe Boss' Orders? Guzma?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Alolan Grimer TEU 83
* 4 Alolan Muk CEC 131
* 4 Seviper BUS 50

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Marnie SSH 169
* 3 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 Dust Island UNB 168
* 4 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Ear-Ringing Bell UNM 194
* 4 Koga's Trap UNB 177

##Energy - 12

* 4 Memory Energy LOT 194
* 8 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 57

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

To get the most value out of Alolan Grimer, who seems to be your strongest hitter, run Double Colorless Energy or Twin Energy to pay for its attack cost. A 3-3 Salazzle GRI line will get your opponent's Active Pokemon Burned and Confused. Mareep LOT or Tapu Lele LOT with Magearna UPR will be a reliable way to inflict the third Special Condition, letting you deal 170 damage with Chemical Breath. With Conditions on top of that and some Seviper down, you'll deal upward numbers in the 200s. The Alolan Muk doesn't seem that necessary to your deck, its attack puts 3 conditions on the Defending Pokemon but it costs 2 energy, Butterfree REC does the same thing, 10 extra damage and for 1 energy. You can also get it into play on turn 1. If you need more ways to deal damage, you can run Parasect TEU who puts 2 damage on Confused Pokemon between turns or Toxicroak SSH who puts 2 more damage counters on Poisoned Pokemon. Swap in 4 Cynthia instead of 4 Pal Pad, or 4 VS Seeker if you have them. Cut the Koga's Trap, you already have Hypnotoxic Laser. Virbank City Gym is the best Stadium for getting more damage into play. Gusting cards like Guzma or Boss's Orders are good, add them in if you have any. Switch out the Ordinary Rod for Rescue Stretcher, it's much better at getting back your Pokemon. Maybe use some of the Alolan Muk TEU to discard your opponent's Item cards?

21 minutes ago, ellomello044208 said:

To get the most value out of Alolan Grimer, who seems to be your strongest hitter, run Double Colorless Energy or Twin Energy to pay for its attack cost. A 3-3 Salazzle GRI line will get your opponent's Active Pokemon Burned and Confused. Mareep LOT or Tapu Lele LOT with Magearna UPR will be a reliable way to inflict the third Special Condition, letting you deal 170 damage with Chemical Breath. With Conditions on top of that and some Seviper down, you'll deal upward numbers in the 200s. The Alolan Muk doesn't seem that necessary to your deck, its attack puts 3 conditions on the Defending Pokemon but it costs 2 energy, Butterfree REC does the same thing, 10 extra damage and for 1 energy. You can also get it into play on turn 1. If you need more ways to deal damage, you can run Parasect TEU who puts 2 damage on Confused Pokemon between turns or Toxicroak SSH who puts 2 more damage counters on Poisoned Pokemon. Swap in 4 Cynthia instead of 4 Pal Pad, or 4 VS Seeker if you have them. Cut the Koga's Trap, you already have Hypnotoxic Laser. Virbank City Gym is the best Stadium for getting more damage into play. Gusting cards like Guzma or Boss's Orders are good, add them in if you have any. Switch out the Ordinary Rod for Rescue Stretcher, it's much better at getting back your Pokemon. Maybe use some of the Alolan Muk TEU to discard your opponent's Item cards?

Okay so what about something like this? Obviously unfinished and I don't own all these cards yet.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 4 Alolan Grimer TEU 83
* 4 Caterpie RCL 1
* 4 Metapod RCL 2
* 4 Butterfree RCL 3
* 4 Seviper BUS 50

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Level Ball NXD 89
* 4 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123

##Energy - 12

* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 4 Blend Energy {G} {R} {P} {D} DRX 117
* 2 Grass Energy Energy 1
* 2 Psychic Energy Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Looks pretty good. Maybe add in some Timer Ball/Evolution Incense/Great Ball to find your Butterfree?