Ethos_Liddel

[GENERAL] INSTALLATION

Ethos_Liddel
Posted (edited)

Things to consider while im trying to install this game after a long time:

• Game is not listed on Programs & Features / Uninstall or Change a program (Windows 10) since i've already uninstalled long ago
  • Cannot instal the game because installer says "Older Game Version Cannot be Removed" **********************
  • I've already searched on "MY PC" for POKEMON folders and deleted them all, even those in "AppData" and others.
  • I've also manualy deleted all POKEMON from reggedit.
  • Back up copy of the game version 2.49.0.115 on an external HDD refresher buttons wont work at all and the game itself gets "Could Not Connect to Server" error
  • Refresher *************************** thou it says "Downloading" i've waited for more than 4 hours and nothing.

Any tip or info to get this running away will help me alot.

Thanks!

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, tags added, item prefix included

Mod_GuruLot
18 hours ago, Ethos_Liddel said:

Things to consider while im trying to install this game after a long time:

• Game is not listed on Programs & Features / Uninstall or Change a program (Windows 10) since i've already uninstalled long ago
  • Cannot instal the game because installer says "Older Game Version Cannot be Removed" **********************
  • I've already searched on "MY PC" for POKEMON folders and deleted them all, even those in "AppData" and others.
  • I've also manualy deleted all POKEMON from reggedit.
  • Back up copy of the game version 2.49.0.115 on an external HDD refresher buttons wont work at all and the game itself gets "Could Not Connect to Server" error
  • Refresher *************************** thou it says "Downloading" i've waited for more than 4 hours and nothing.

Any tip or info to get this running away will help me alot.

Thanks!

Hello @Ethos_Liddel

Welcome to the forum! :) 

I'm sorry to hear you run into issues with the game.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game again usually resolves the issue.

For instructions on how to do a full uninstallation of the TCGO Windows Client, please see this FAQ article.

This information here can also be useful. 

After uninstalling, simply reinstall the game from the official download page

Please reach out to our support team if you continue having issues.