[GENERAL] Other - Change username (In-game)

KMPK

Hello! Is it possible to somehow change your name in the game? or overall? 
In the past I used this name for everything but lately it has bothered me since its hinting about my real name to much. 
I hope this can be solved without opening a new account (Since I've used alot of codes on this one). 

Best Regards
Patrik

2 hours ago, KMPK said:

Hello! Is it possible to somehow change your name in the game? or overall? 
In the past I used this name for everything but lately it has bothered me since its hinting about my real name to much. 
I hope this can be solved without opening a new account (Since I've used alot of codes on this one). 

Best Regards
Patrik

Hello @KMPK!

I would recommend reaching out to the support team with this question. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, selecting the PTCGO option, and then selecting "Contact Us". 

• Mod_RedDragon changed the title to [GENERAL] Other - Change username (In-game)

Account name can't be changed.

Screen name can be changed sending a ticket to support, but they only change for good reason. Boring is not a good one. Hinting about your name or any of your personal details (surname, age, country, city, ...) it's indeed one of the (good) reasons they accept to change the name. Also can't be similar to the present one.

If you want a change will have to be a different thing. Can't be KMPK735 or KMTPK because you want to "adorn" the name. Must be just a different thing (like Pikachutrainer or Lion4569394 or...)

Check previous message for sending a ticket explanations 😛

Hello Chasista,

That is correct - once you have registered a username and screen name to your Pokémon Trainer Club account, and they are approved in our system, those names are permanent.

The only exceptions to this policy is if your chosen screen name contains Personally Identifiable Information (******* is the same as your account Username. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you are welcome to reply to this ticket with at least four choices for a new screen name.

Account Usernames can only be changed if they contain a typo.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, Mod_Vengr said:

Hello Chasista,

That is correct - once you have registered a username and screen name to your Pokémon Trainer Club account, and they are approved in our system, those names are permanent.

The only exceptions to this policy is if your chosen screen name contains Personally Identifiable Information (******* is the same as your account Username. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you are welcome to reply to this ticket with at least four choices for a new screen name.

Account Usernames can only be changed if they contain a typo.

I am quite sure that some known players/ streamers were recently able to change their screen name even though they did not contain any Personally Identifiable Information. 
Each player should have the option to change their name at least once. I plan to qualify for the Players Cup II finals; maybe then TPCi will agree to allow me changing my screen name😷

5 minutes ago, iyado166 said:

I am quite sure that some known players/ streamers were recently able to change their screen name even though they did not contain any Personally Identifiable Information. 
Each player should have the option to change their name at least once. I plan to qualify for the Players Cup II finals; maybe then TPCi will agree to allow me changing my screen name😷

Hello @iyado166

Whether your screen name can be changed or not can't be decided in the forum. 

Please give it a try and submit a ticket to our support team to see what they say. 

On 9/16/2020 at 4:59 PM, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello @iyado166

Whether your screen name can be changed or not can't be decided in the forum. 

Please give it a try and submit a ticket to our support team to see what they say. 

Thank you for your reply, I submitted a request to that end