Kid needs a deck/Price Guide?

theladybrekke

My kid and I played a couple years back ( I think Shining Legends was our last big release) and she wants to get back into it now that she's home all the time.  She's been trying to play with the cards she has that are still Standard, but she just can't compete. When I offered to help her trade for a deck, she looked at a bunch of ******* videos and found a deck she wanted, but low and behold, Outcast is shut down and all the trading companies here are shut down except one and he doesn't look like he takes older cards. So... does anyone have a suggestion for a price guide I could use since I have no idea what is worth any value anymore? (Last we played, Tapu Lele's were like 50 packs or something crazy like that and now I see them as way way less).  Once I know the prices of all those EX and GX cards she has, and maybe some trainers of value still) I can trade them and help her build what she needs.  I know a lot of them are probably trash now, but there are probably some that still hold value and I don't want to lose those to bad deals when we don't have a large pool to draw from as it is. 

*Edit: we got all the cards for her deck, thanks everyone for all the help!

Edited by theladybrekke
Removing Items as we get them, thanks!

Freedom is right here for you my friend. Well, at least some. Not all of the cards that you list are on the guide, but I don't know 100% what all you are looking for. It is the only one currently active.

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/74281-ptcgo-price-guide-wip-added-all-rebel-clash-vs-fas-and-sr-trainers/

I'd be happy to trade some of the cards that you listed to her.

• Like 1

Of the cards you're looking for, the hardest to get will likely be Zeraora GX and the Dedenne GX. The Trainer's Toolkit came out recently and it came with many of the Standard staples right now, including 2 copies of Dedenne GX. You can get 3 Professor's Research from a Sword a Shield Theme Deck (Rillaboom Theme being the best of the three). I can trade you 1 Viridian Forest, 1 Mallow and Lana, 1 Great Catcher, and 2 Speed Lightning Energy for 1 Shining Legends pack. Which account should I send the friend request and trade to?

Edited by ellomello044208
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

Freedom is right here for you my friend. Well, at least some. Not all of the cards that you list are on the guide, but I don't know 100% what all you are looking for. It is the only one currently active.

https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/74281-ptcgo-price-guide-wip-added-all-rebel-clash-vs-fas-and-sr-trainers/

I'd be happy to trade some of the cards that you listed to her.

Is this guide still pretty accurate?  I saw it was updated mid May, so I didn't think it would still be accurate, but I guess at least for the Expanded stuff, it would be pretty close?

And trading would be great!

14 minutes ago, ellomello044208 said:

Of the cards you're looking for, the hardest to get will likely be Zeraora GX and the Dedenne GX. The Trainer's Toolkit came out recently and it came with many of the Standard staples right now, including 2 copies of Dedenne GX. You can get 3 Professor's Research from a Sword a Shield Theme Deck (Rillaboom Theme being the best of the three). I can trade you 1 Viridian Forest, 1 Mallow and Lana, 1 Great Catcher, and 2 Speed Lightning Energy for 1 Shining Legends pack. Which account should I send the friend request and trade to?

I see the Trainer's Toolkit code on Troll and Toad, does the code have everything inside the physical kit?  And Great tip about the Rillaboom deck, I'll tell her to save her coins for it!  And all those trainers for 1 pack sounds like a great deal to me!  Friend theladybrekke , my account has the Shining Legends packs.  Thanks so much!

Just now, theladybrekke said:

I see the Trainer's Toolkit code on Troll and Toad, does the code have everything inside the physical kit? 

Yes it does. The Trainer Toolkit is arguably the best Pokemon TCG product that TPCi has every released, as it includes pretty much all the Trainer staples you need to build a good deck as well as 2 Dedenne GX, a formerly (and still) highly expensive card.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theladybrekke said:

Is this guide still pretty accurate?  I saw it was updated mid May, so I didn't think it would still be accurate, but I guess at least for the Expanded stuff, it would be pretty close?

And trading would be great!

It was actually updated last on July 7th I believe. Ok. When is she normally online?

28 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

It was actually updated last on July 7th I believe. Ok. When is she normally online?

Excellent, I'll use it then if it's good.  And if you need a certain time, I'm sure we can sit down when it's convenient for you. :)

@theladybrekke, I think this "price guide" trading company is constantly updated and more "accurate" than the other, and you'll find quick trades there with their trading team of multiple people.  Here it is: https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-first-50-orders-raffle-for-free-dragapult-vmax-packs/

Edited by NL168

Hi @theladybrekke. I believe I have some of the cards on your list. I've sent you and dragongirl415 friend requests, and will send trade requests when you're available!

As noted, Dedenne GX and Zeraora GX are both still quite expensive. When I started, I found that playing in Theme tournaments was a good way to build enough packs to trade with over time. The top decks in my opinion are Laser Focus (my personal favorite; opinions differ!), Soaring Storm, Unseen Depths, Towering Heights, and Unseen Depths.

Good luck!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OliverTwisting said:

Hi @theladybrekke. I believe I have some of the cards on your list. I've sent you and dragongirl415 friend requests, and will send trade requests when you're available!

As noted, Dedenne GX and Zeraora GX are both still quite expensive. When I started, I found that playing in Theme tournaments was a good way to build enough packs to trade with over time. The top decks in my opinion are Laser Focus (my personal favorite; opinions differ!), Soaring Storm, Unseen Depths, Towering Heights, and Unseen Depths.

Good luck!

Excellent, I ordered the Trainer's Toolkit codes for the Dedenne, plus I figure it'll have other stuff she'll use down the road or that she can trade for some of the cards she needs. I'll tell her about the decks you recommend, thanks!