Cinccino control vs. Dragapult VMAX

OliverTwisting

Hi fellow forumites,

Do you have any general tips for card picks and/or strategy that can counter Dragapult VMAX when playing Cinccino Control (any variant)? The 5 damage counters (plus the occasional Zigzagoon) completely wreck pokedolls, Jirachi, Cinccino, and, well, pretty much all the bread and butter that Cinccino Control has in play. I've won on rare occasion by relying on heavy energy denial, but I'd say I'm losing somewhere around 80-90% against Dragapult VMAX.

Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, OliverTwisting said:

Hi fellow forumites,

Do you have any general tips for card picks and/or strategy that can counter Dragapult VMAX when playing Cinccino Control (any variant)? The 5 damage counters (plus the occasional Zigzagoon) completely wreck pokedolls, Jirachi, Cinccino, and, well, pretty much all the bread and butter that Cinccino Control has in play. I've won on rare occasion by relying on heavy energy denial, but I'd say I'm losing somewhere around 80-90% against Dragapult VMAX.

Thanks in advance!

The S.a.bleye's 'tube channel has some video's playing dragapult against Cinccino during the player's cup.  Hope it helps you.

• Upvote 1

Running Articuno GX is a solid counter to the archetype, followed up by a spam of Team Yell Grunt/Crushing Hammer afterwards. 

• Upvote 1

Skypillar stadium. It absolutely downgrades Dragapult to "only" doing 130 damage which is more sustainable than all that that bench damage Dragapult does. 

• Upvote 2

If you go down the Sky Pillar route, also run 2 copies of Lusamine. You'll be able to use Lusamine to get back Sky Pillar and continuously bump your opponent's Stadium until you can put a Sky Pillar into play and it sticks.

• Upvote 2

Hi all, thanks mightily for the suggestions. I've been avoiding Articuno due to the 2 prize card price tag and since lots of decks run a Great Catcher.

Thanks for the tube tip. I found the video and will watch (I don't have sound at the moment. :( )

I actually really like the idea of Sky Pillar/Lusamine. I think I'll give that a shot, especially since Lusamine synergizes well with other components of the deck, too.