Joebro124

[CARD] Raichu and Alolan Raichu “Tandem Shock” Move

Joebro124

I have a deck that uses the “Tandem Shock” Raichu and Alolan Raichu GX Tag Team card. This move says that whenever you move that card from the bench to the active spot during that turn, the move does 80 more damage and paralyzes the opponent’s active pokémon. Whenever I have moved this card from a benched spot to the active spot in past games, the card has only been doing 80 damage without paralyzing my opponent’s active Pokémon. 

ellomello044208

Are you moving Raichu and Alolan Raichu to the Active Position after 1 of your Pokemon is Knocked Out? When 1 of your Pokemon is Knocked Out during your opponent's turn, the moving of a Pokemon to the Active Position occurs on their turn still. So, when it becomes your turn Raichu and Alolan Raichu's attack wouldn't gain its full effect. Do you have a Game Log for a game where this happened? That greatly helps with identifying the bug.

Joebro124
Posted (edited)

I do not have the game log, but it would still be my turn when I put the card into the active position. I even played a game where it said that my card would do more damage and paralyze the opponent’s Pokemon, but it still only did the attack’s base damage and it did not paralyze my opponent’s Pokemon. I will play another game and copy and paste the log here.

Edited by Joebro124

Guykid121

Like ellomello said, when you move your pokemon up after a previous one is knocked out, tandem shock only does base damage. Your turn starts as soon as you draw a card, so technically, choosing your new active pokemon is part of the in-between turns step.

Guykid121

I think the reason tandem shock is only doing base damage is due to the fact that you always start your turn by drawing a card, and seeing as you draw a card after you choose your new active pokemon, it is during the on-screen turns step, which should be why tandem shock only does 80 damage.

Joebro124

Even when I move it during my turn, it still does base damage.

ellomello044208

It'll be a lot easier to identify the issue if you can show us a Game Log. If you aren't able to find someone who you can use Tandem Shock against or you don't want to jeopardize your win streak because Tandem Shock isn't activating, you can use Tandem Shock in a test match against the A.I. and export that Game Log to forums.

Mod_Dew

Hi Joebro124,

Thank you for reaching out about your experiences! As other trainers have helpfully pointed out, a game log would help us to better understand the issue that you're experiencing with Tandem Shock and whether or not this is an intended outcome of using the move. If you could post a log from a game where you've experienced this issue, that would absolutely help.