GrewupGeek

Ever tried for the World Tournaments?

GrewupGeek
Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, out of curiosity, has anybody ever tried out for the World Tournaments?  Whether VG or TCG, or some other branch I don't know about?  If so, how did you do?

Me, I never really heard of it until about a couple of years ago, due to me struggling in life.  Yet even if I heard it from say the first or second year of it, I would avoid it for a lot of reasons.  One of them being I'm a big introvert, I can't handle large crowds, and become extremely nervous if there were focused on me.  Another is trust issues when it comes to other people handling my things, especially my cards, because I would be afraid somebody might do something underhanded that would get me in trouble.  I also admit there are days to where I could be a terribly sore loser if I'm just clobbered from the first turn.

Today, even if I could try out for it, I won't do it due to age, since I'm less then a year away from starting my 40s, and a grown man dueling a kid in this day and age is asking for some serious trouble.  If there are tournament for the older fans, I would consider it, but I'll just try finding local groups who play by their own rules.

Edited by GrewupGeek

Oddbird

"...since I'm less then a year away from starting my 40s, and a grown man dueling a kid in this day and age is asking for some serious trouble."

If I remember right there are categories for different ages (much like regular tournaments where they have different age brackets, and also like the online TCG where there's different age brackets). 

But, I've never personally tried for Worlds, so it's purely speculation.