Game isn't fun without spending a fortune.

ValcanGaming

Every game I just go against someone running a deck rediculously better than my own to the point where it is impossible to win.

Introduce some kind of deck point system and provide diffrent tiers of queueing or something because going against people who play ReshiBoar or ZPST 90% of the time when Im using a slightly improved starter deck is getting extremly tiresome.

/discuss

All I did was get 3 boosters to start off and I now have over 1500 cards. It honestly doesn't require you to spend a fortune if you learn the prices of the cards and slowly trade up for profit.

• Upvote 1

Playing in the Novice matches would probably be your best bet. Most people that play Expert have custom built decks. If we had expansion decks here in the states like they did in Japan you could get an awesome theme deck for 20 bucks.

Edit by Prof Proto: Please do not avoid the chat filter.

Playing in the Novice matches would probably be your best bet. Most people that play Expert have custom built decks. If we had expansion decks here in the states like they did in Japan you could get an awesome theme deck for 20 bucks.

Annoyingly even when I play novice i get put against people who are running decks full of things like zekrom and coballion ect, bit disheartening when they are placing down 3 basics which are as good as your stage 2's in their first turn :/

It is kinda true. I came from the MTG background and you can't expect winning against a serious deck with just a $10 deck build with common cards. That's true for this kind of game. However, which hobby doesn't cost money? You go buy a new PS3 or Xbox 360 console + game it will cost you as well. Compare to MTG pokemon seems cheaper already. You can control how much you spend and don't over do it. If you have a job buying a booster a week or a month shouldn't be a problem. I will buy my kids a booster every month or so but I will have to see how it goes.

i havn't spent a fortune and i have a good modifyed green tornado deck. what you have do is trade the cards you don't want for the cards you will use. I mainly use grass and colorless cards so why keep a cobalion when i could trade it for a virizon + extra cards. Also kidprodigyz is right you need to learn the value of cards.

i dont htink its that hard to beat people in pro even if you dont have so many fancy cards, i started online four days ago and i win most of the time with 300 cards. i even made my own deck.

I got 20 code cards from ebay for 10 bucks and they all worked. I now trade cards for more boosters. For example i got 1 noble victorys deck for a holo ho oh i got through one of the codes, i have another holo ho oh that im trying to get another deck for.

It is kinda true. I came from the MTG background and you can't expect winning against a serious deck with just a $10 deck build with common cards. That's true for this kind of game. However, which hobby doesn't cost money? You go buy a new PS3 or Xbox 360 console game it will cost you as well. Compare to MTG pokemon seems cheaper already. You can control how much you spend and don't over do it. If you have a job buying a booster a week or a month shouldn't be a problem. I will buy my kids a booster every month or so but I will have to see how it goes.

I have been playing MTG for a long time now. (going on 18 years, I feel old.) and I still make decks for $10 and win, not so much when playing the people with type 2 decks that they spend well ofer $300 on. this game is not so much based on skill, it is based on mostly luck, I have won matches vs some really good deck, and I have lost matches vs starter decks its all about getting the cards that you need and the engery to play them.

the people that play expert matches to the people that play novice matches. I have seen way more novice players with ubers then those that play expert.

• 7 years later...