Cerpin_

[CARD] Eelektross Unified Minds #66 - Electric Swamp Ability counts Charjabug UNB #58 as one energy instead of two

Cerpin_

Client: 2.72.0.4865:#2071

Card: Eelektross 
Card Number: Unified Minds #66

Expected Action: The ability Electric Swamp let's you play this card from your hand when there are 4 Lightning energies in play.

Actual Action: Eelektross cannot be put into play. It's counting Charjabug 's Battery ability as one lightning energy each instead of two when attached to a Pokemon as I wasn't allow to play it until I had 4 Charjabug attached.

Steps to Reproduce: Attach Charjabugs to a Vikavolt and won't let you use Eelektross ability until the 4th Charjabug is attached.

Mod_Jynthu

Hello Cerpin_,

Thank you for this report! Did you happen to save your game log? If so, could you provide that here?

Which version of Vikavolt did you have in play? 

One thing I can see that may have caused this is that the card text of Eelektross reads "at least 4 Lightning Energy cards in play" and not simply 4 Lightning Energy, which may indicate that it is working as intended.

Cerpin_

Hello Mod_Jynthu,

You are correct about needing 4 energy CARDS. So it is working as intended.

My friend and I take notes and we both wrote about this interaction. We even checked if it said "energies" vs "cards" and we both remember reading energies. Guess we were tired and read it incorrectly but all seems correct now. Sorry for my mistake!

PrPopcorn

I think I see why you thought it said energy. The text reads, Energy 

Cards, but on different lines, like so. When you read it, you probably saw energy and didn't bother checking below.

Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for following up on this! I am glad we were able to figure out the cause of the unexpected behavior.

Have a great weekend!