JPG8

[GENERAL] Cannot Connect To Server

JPG8
Posted (edited)

Dear Pokemon,

After uninstalling PTCGO several months ago, I decided to reinstall it.  Yet every time I open up the game, I am immediately prompted with an error message claiming that I "cannot connect to server".  I have already tried un- and re-installing the game several times yet my results persist to remain the same.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, item prefix included

Mod_GuruLot
39 minutes ago, JPG8 said:

Dear Pokemon,

After uninstalling PTCGO several months ago, I decided to reinstall it.  Yet every time I open up the game, I am immediately prompted with an error message claiming that I "cannot connect to server".  I have already tried un- and re-installing the game several times yet my results persist to remain the same.

Hello @JPG8

Welcome to the forum! :)  

As you possibly know, the Pokémon TCG Online communicates with the game servers through three ports: 5222, 8181, and 39389.

The game will not function properly if these ports are blocked by your router.

The process for enabling outbound traffic through these ports is commonly referred to as Port Forwarding.

Please review the documentation that came with your router, or visit the router manufacturer’s support page, for instructions on setting up Port Forwarding.

Hope this helps!