Wolfofdogs

Tournament rep.?

Wolfofdogs

Hello! Hope everyone is safe. So I just read that Pokémon is going to have an online tournament in July, and I want to participate. However, it says that only certain players will be able to participate, which will be chosen through rankings with tournament rep. points or something. I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but what is tournament rep.? And how do you get those points? 

Thanks in advance

Mielekki

Tournament rep as described on pokemon's home website by the leaderboard.  Not sure how the points are officially calculated.  Also, not sure if this will be fair since individuals with an abundance of tickets would be able to score some crazy points.

"About Tournament Rep: Tournament Rep is a reflection of your prowess in Pokémon TCG Online tournaments. The amount of Tournament Rep earned from each tournament is based on the total number of participants and your final placement in that tournament. The better you finish, the more Tournament Rep you earn!"

Gamerdynasty
19 hours ago, Mielekki said:

"About Tournament Rep: Tournament Rep is a reflection of your prowess in Pokémon TCG Online tournaments. The amount of Tournament Rep earned from each tournament is based on the total number of participants and your final placement in that tournament. The better you finish, the more Tournament Rep you earn!"

So are they earned from the ticketed events?

Mielekki
2 hours ago, Gamerdynasty said:

So are they earned from the ticketed events?

Yeah.  As of right now, the ticketed events are the only way to earn the tournament rep points.  I read on a separate section of the forum (I believe it was under game feedback) where there were events ran at the cost of coins at one point in the game's history.  Maybe we will see this implemented to help players that are just starting the online game so they might be able to participate in the online tournament in July as well...

Raticate555

How many points do you get for each position in a 8 player tournament?

Chasista

In Statistics > Game stats (same Avatar menu) there's a 'Tournament rep' section

Raticate555

It doesn't tell you how many you get per tournament though.

iyado166
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Raticate555 said:

It doesn't tell you how many you get per tournament though.

Check the number of Tournament Rep points you have, then enter a tournament after which you can know how much points you got according to your placement by checking your new total Rep in the game stats section and then making a simple substruction (which should be up to 10 points if my memory serves me well). 
Personally I am saving my tickets in case we need them for the June leaderboard in standard tourneys

Edited by iyado166

Raticate555
13 hours ago, iyado166 said:

Check the number of Tournament Rep points you have, then enter a tournament after which you can know how much points you got according to your placement by checking your new total Rep in the game stats section and then making a simple substruction (which should be up to 10 points if my memory serves me well). 
Personally I am saving my tickets in case we need them for the June leaderboard in standard tourneys

I wanted to save mine too. I guess I'll just have to wait until June then look in on it again. I want to know where I need to be placing in each tournament if I want to have a chance of getting in with my number of tournament tickets, see if it's worthwhile going for.

Mielekki

Can't guarantee these numbers since the sample size is small but from some friends I have talked to...

1st place gets 8 pts

2nd place gets 7 pts

3rd place gets 6 pts (lost to the player that got 1st place)

4th place gets 5 pts (lost to the 2nd place player)

Not sure how many points you get for 5th and below... haven't talked to anyone that were in those places and knew their tournament rep prior.

Thegameguard

You have to do standard and opted  in on website for play events and not be banned or suspended  from play events.  To be eligible. Also u most be  a master. 

As far as how it works  

You get rep by participating in the standard events, they each cost 8 tickets. Tickets are given a couple of ways.

1. Daily log in u get 1 ticket every 4 days.

2. By doing vs ladder. As a reward. Total of 15 csn be earned every 2 weeks.

3. Random reward from playing any match in vs mode or events (standard  or expanded  or theme)

The amount of rep you earn goes by your placement  in the event  u joined.

1st =8 points winner

2nd =7 points runner up

3rd=6 points lost to winner in rd 2

4th=5 points lost to runner up rd 2

5th=4 points lost to winner rd 1

6th=3 points lost to runner up rd 1

7th=2 points lost rd 1 didn't face winner at all(aka runner up side bracket)

8th=1 point lost rd1 didn't face runner up at all (aka runner up side of bracket.

To dertermine place

Winner side of bracket 

The Person who won it all get 1st, the 

person he faced in rd 2 gets 3rd place, guy 1st placed faced in rd 1 gets 5th.  the last one left on winner  side gets 7th

Runner up side of bracket

The person who got lost in rd 3 is the runner up aka second place. The person who the runner up faced in rd 2 gets 4th. The person the runner up faced in rd 1 gets 6th.  The person left  on runner up side gets 8th.

So u can earn at least  1 rep per event.  Also note losing ur first match u can get 1, 2, 3 or 4 points . It all depends how well ur opp does. 

At end of month  the top 256 in most regions 

Get invites after removing people  who not opted in for play events  n such

cvramen
On 6/4/2020 at 12:31 AM, Thegameguard said:

The amount of rep you earn goes by your placement  in the event  u joined.

1st =8 points winner

2nd =7 points runner up

3rd=6 points lost to winner in rd 2

4th=5 points lost to runner up rd 2

5th=4 points lost to winner rd 1

6th=3 points lost to runner up rd 1

7th=2 points lost rd 1 didn't face winner at all(aka runner up side bracket)

8th=1 point lost rd1 didn't face runner up at all (aka runner up side of bracket.

I've been grinding out events while doing some other tasks, and sometimes have to leave in a hurry. If I win the first round, but then withdraw before the second round begins, do I still get tournament rep?

Thegameguard

Not sure, if i lose n then leave  u still get postion  n shoukd get points. If u win n can't make next id not leave id stay  n play next, id never leave after winning.