tyl3366

Gardevoir GX deck

tyl3366

I would like to do a deck with Gardevoir GX but I am on a low budget and can only get my hands on one Tapu Lele, so I don't really know what to pair it with. I like the idea of pairing it with the Delphox from fates collide but that is a stage 2 as well. Any ideas? also should I do a 3-1-3 with 3 rare candies or a 3-3-3 with 1 rare candy? 

NL168
19 hours ago, tyl3366 said:

I like the idea of pairing it with the Delphox from fates collide but that is a stage 2 as well. Any ideas? also should I do a 3-1-3 with 3 rare candies or a 3-3-3 with 1 rare candy? 

I think you shouldn't use Delphox as support Pokemon because as you already stated, stage 2's are clunky and really hard to set up.

The best option for Standard is Dedenne GX which allows you to discard your hand and draw 6 cards when you play it onto the bench.  The best option for Expanded is Shaymin EX, which allows you to draw until you have 6 cards in your hand.  These two are unmatched in power,  but there are some worse budget versions that you can use before you get one of these

I assume your deck is not standard but expanded, so you have some more options.  What I can think of right now are a stage 1 Octillery from XY-Breakthrough with the ability -Once during your turn, you may draw until you have 5 cards in your hand-, stage 1 Silvally GX from Cosmic Eclipse has the exact same ability but gives up two prizes, and basic Oranguru from Sun and Moon Base set which draws until you have 3 cards instead.  Every option has its benefits, but if you don't want any evolution pokemon clogging up your deck, then Oranguru is pretty good.

@tyl3366, Hope this helped and good luck getting what you need! :) 

Chasista
Posted (edited)

3-1-3 with 3 rare candies, or even 4.

Take a look at BKT Gallade

Edited by Chasista

tyl3366

Thanks. I will definitely do BKT Gallade and possibly SM Oranguru. Do you think it's worth putting in a fire for weakness coverage for Gardevoir? and I've also seen some decks using Sylveon GX, any thoughts on that?

Mielekki
2 hours ago, tyl3366 said:

Thanks. I will definitely do BKT Gallade and possibly SM Oranguru. Do you think it's worth putting in a fire for weakness coverage for Gardevoir? and I've also seen some decks using Sylveon GX, any thoughts on that?

Sylveon-gx could work well in the deck with the quick evolution provided by eevee.  Personally, I think the fairy mimikyu (team up booster I believe) with the copycat ability would help you out more since it can copy a zacian attack for a k.o. or copy adp's attack while hitting it's weakness for a k.o. 

Chasista
Posted (edited)

I played a lot of years ago 1-2 copies (depending how the format was) of Reshiram B/W in one of my fairy decks as tech. Needs 2 colourless for Outrage so any type will do the job. You can try one as tech and if not useful, remove.  The good of the online is you can make changes quite easy.

Sylveon is evil 🤔 Could be useful to get some candies, set up and then retreat. But you need it as starter, so 3 for example. However, a plan (supporters and balls) to get it easy seems better knowing you play a Stage 2 main attacker so space is more than tight.

Edited by Chasista

Raticate555

Zoroark GX has gotten a lot cheaper lately due to it retiring from competitive life. Have a look at a few of those too.

tyl3366

Reshiram is not a bad idea at all since you can't run a deck of all GX's anymore cuz of Keldeo GX. (although keldeo does get a OHKO on reshiram from weakness) Sylveon GX with Flareon AOR could be useful since it would hit weakness for both Zacian V and adp. I ran a Sylveon GX for a bit but whenever I stumble across a keldeo I get destroyed. Maybe 4 guzmas would help with that? and also maybe a diancie burning shadows would help for setup of gardevoir?

tyl3366

Thoughts on this deck list?

Pokemon:

4 Ralts 

1 Kirlia

1 Gallade BKT

3 Gardevoir Gx’s

2 Orangurus sun and moon

2 Tapu Lele Gx’s GUR

1 Xerneas <> lost thunder

Trainers:

3 Lillies

3 Cynthias

3 Guzmas

1 Brigette

1 Energy Loto

1 Energy retrieval

1 Rescue stretcher

2 Switches

4 Rare candies

4 Nest balls

4 Ultra balls

1 Wondrous Labyrinth <>
1 Parallel city

2 Choice bands

2 Float stones

Energy:

9 Fairy energies

4 Double colorless energies

• Upvote 1

NL168
Posted (edited)

Overall the deck looks good, but Professor Sycamore/Research/Juniper is better than Cynthia, as it allows you to discard the cards you don't need and draw 1 more card than Cynthia.  Lillie also is just not as powerful (and Oranguru does the same thing kinda), so I think you should:

Add

+4 Professor Sycamore/Research/Juniper

Remove

-1 Cynthia

-3 Lillie

Nice to see you added that Oranguru I suggested 😄. Hope this helped!

Edited by NL168
  • Upvote 1

tyl3366

Ok I‘ll do that. Thanks for suggesting the Orangurus they really have improved its winning percentage!

• Upvote 1

Raticate555
Posted (edited)

Vulpix Guardians Rising is very good for this kind of deck, especially since you don't have any Pokemon dedicated to set up except Oranguru and Lele. Alolan Ninetales GX from Lost Thunder wouldn't be bad either, good for Candies.

Edited by Raticate555

tyl3366
Posted (edited)

Maybe Diancie BUS, Alolan Vulpix GUR, and 2 more kirlias but I have no idea what I would take out.

Edited by tyl3366

Guykid121

If you are going for expanded, what I would do is replace Energy Loto with Professor 's letter. Another thing I would recommend is to try and add more multiples and less single copies, just for consistency. If you want to take care of weakness, you should consider Weakness Guard Energy. You could also add Pokemon Communication, and trade Brigette for Pokemon Fan Club so you aren't restricted to basic pokemon.

tyl3366
Posted (edited)

I think I’m just going to play around with the trainers and see what works best. For now my here’s the Pokémon in the deck:

4-Ralts

1-Kirlia

1-Gallade BKT

3-Gardevoir GX

2-Alolan Vulpix GUR

2-Alolan Ninetales GX LOT

2-Tapu Lele GX

1-Xerneas <>

2-Oranguru SM

Edited by tyl3366

NL168

@tyl3366For now that's good, but one of your Oranguru's could get prized, so maybe consider adding back another one.  It's your call!

• Upvote 1

tyl3366
Posted (edited)

Does anyone happen to know what theme deck has the Jirachi team up in it?

Edited by tyl3366

SlyFive0

@tyl3366, the Jirachi isn't in any theme deck. But there are new battle league decks, like Pikarom that do feature 4 Jirachi. 

Hope this helps. 

Guykid121

I just picked those up today, and they are pretty darn good.

NL168
49 minutes ago, Guykid121 said:

I just picked those up today, and they are pretty darn good.

@Guykid121 Yeah nothing can even compare with Jirachi (except maybe Tapu Lele kind of).

tyl3366

Oh wow 4?! I will definitely try to pick one of those up!

Guykid121
Posted (edited)

I am pretty sure they are out of stock most places online, but you can find them in certain stores. You should also look at the Reshiram and Charizard GX deck. It is based on the variant which has no abilities and uses Green's Exploration.

Edited by Guykid121