its-cleb

[CARD] Aegislash-EX Mighty Shield Not Working

its-cleb

Aegislash-EX ability Mighty Shield says "Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from each of your opponent's Pokemon that has Special Energy attached to it."

As I understand it, this means Aegislash-EX should not take damage from any Pokemon with special energy attached to it unlesss a Stadium or Pokemon's ability cancels Mighty Shield.
However, I keep having instances where the ability should be active, yet Pokemon with special energy are still able to deal damage to my Aegislash-EX while he is the active slot.

Here's an example of 3 consecutive lines in my battle log. No ability-removing stadium or pokemon was in play, yet this happened:

Spoiler

**Opponent** attached a Aurora Energy to Keldeo-GX.
**Opponent** played Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear.
**Opponent's** Keldeo-GX used Sonic Edge and did 140 damage to **my** Aegislash-EX.

Anybody else having this issue? I've noticed this never happens when my Aegislash-EX is fighting older gen cards, only some GX/Tag Team/V cards have this happen where they have special energy and still are able to damage me.

Chasista
Posted (edited)

Full log would be needed to check. Paste in a Spoiler (👁️‍🗨️in editor) the whole Log part next time until **Game log ends here**. All debug info is only for Support in case you need to send them a Ticket to know what is happening and inform about the issue.

In this case, although I'm not 100% sure, the Aegislash ability place an effect on Aegislash.

Keldeo's Sonic egde attack stats: 'This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.'

That would mean Keldeo's attack can bypass the effect of the ability, so hits. But you'll have to wait for someone being more sure than I am. to know 100% sure.

Or Stealthy hood.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1

IceBeamTogetic
On 5/7/2020 at 7:45 AM, Chasista said:

Or Stealthy hood.

Nope, Stealthy Hood would not work in this case. Mighty Shield places an effect on Aegislash-EX, not the attacking Pokemon, so Stealthy hood would not block the Ability.

Chasista is correct that Keldeo-GX's Sonic Edge goes through the Ability. Mighty Shield places an effect on Aegislash-EX, and since Sonic Edge ignores effects on the defending pokemon, it would ignore Mighty Shield and deal damage anyway.

Similar attacks (Sonic Edge, Shred, etc.) on other Pokemon have the same wording as Keldeo-GX, and they would bypass Mighty Shield as well. You also have to check for Abilities such as Bide Barricade or Garbotoxin, or Stadium cards like Silent Lab or Power Plant. (hence the need for a full log)