teeteero

Weird loss and weirder symbols on 'DEFEAT' screen

teeteero

I recently had a versus match in standard format where I played against a weird mill deck and when they got down to zero cards in their deck, the game ended and the 'DEFEAT' screen popped up but instead of saying 'defeat', the letters were replaced by weird symbols. I'm not sure how I lost as I had plenty of cards in my deck and both of us had prize cards remaining.

Not sure if this is legit or not and unfortunately I didn't get a screen grab in time but keen to try to understand:

1. How I may have lost?
  2. What those strange symbols were supposed to be on the 'DEFEAT' screen?

Chasista
Posted (edited)

This is an U¬0\/\/¬ (Unown) win per part of your opponent.

Knowing it was at 0 cards left, it just played probably the HAND one https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/sm-series/sm8/91/

Unown wins have a special wining screen at the end.

You should add a Marnie/N to your deck for future games now that you know about the card, and because they both are Staple in Standard/Expanded.

Next time, once the game is over in the Summary screen, third button is the log. You can copy and then paste here for future doubts/bugs. That would make us know what actually happened.

Edited by Chasista
typo
  • Upvote 1

teeteero

Thanks @Chasista - that makes sense now!

Unfortunately I had run out of Marnies late in the game, but at least I know what to look out for next time I match up with an Unown deck. 👍

• Like 1

Mod_RedDragon

@Chasista,

Thanks for helping out a fellow Trainer!