* 1 Energy Search BLW 93

##Energie - 18

* 3 Fairy Energy 9
* 2 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 1 Draw Energy CEC 209
* 4 Darkness-energy SWSHEnergy 7
* 8 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Totaal aantal kaarten - 60

****** Deckoverzicht gegenereerd door Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I just got started with this game and had some luck on getting some cards, lucky me. Building my first deck and using it in expended and having big winning streaks. How do you find my first deck? Greetz Jack

Too much energy, low amount and high use of non competitive trainers.  Inconsistent with too much 1-offs. Talking in a competitive level.

For a starter and a first deck, is way better than a lot that use to be shown here in forums.

Yet can improve a lot.

I'm not going to say add an Ace spec, but look for them and know what they are because sooner than later, one should be included in any single Expanded deck you build from now to the end of times. OK, I say. Add an Ace spec 😄

Next most important piece for Expanded format is VS Seeker. 4 of them. And after that 2 cards, now you can start to build whatever in Expanded.

I would remove the Mimikyu and the Mesprit to start. Also of course Cilan and Tierno, two of the worst supporters ever (same as Hop, Hau and Cheren). And Energy research. Also Hoopa GX or Mimikyu GX. It's a lot of space and different types of energies just for 1 card of each. 2 types of energy in a deck is ok (Colourless not counting) but 3 is a mess. Professor letter is better than Cilan and Energy research.

You need a lot more trainers. Staple ones: Professor's research/P Juniper/P Sycamore, N, more Cynthia and a ton of balls (including Mystery treasure as "ball"). This Supporters shuffle your hand and refresh it giving you 6-7 cards. The odds to get what you want are way higher than drawing 3. A minimum of 6 of them combined should be played. 8 would be a good number.

Your pokémon/trainers/energies proportion should look more like 15/30/15 than 20/20/20.

Reinforce the evo lines but think that more than one Stage 2 evo line in a same deck it's a lot of space, needs a lot of resources and it's a bit mess. To build Stage 1 lines use Evosoda and/or Incense evolution. To build Stage 2 lines use sandglass shape 3-1-3, 4-1-4 with 3 or 4 Rare candy. Middle stage it's a waste of time when your goal is the Stage 2.

Other staple trainers are: Field blower, Rescue stretcher, Super rod or Ordinary rod. One or two of them are very useful.

In expanded you can choose amongst a ton of balls: Nest ball, Quick ball, Ultra ball, Level ball, Heavy ball, Mysterious treasure, etc. Use them to find the pokémon you want in the right moments. Two pokémon fan club would be the maximum I would play (although I wouldn't actually play that card and sould use balls to get the basics). Use also any other trainer card to find tools, other trainers, supporters and so and if not in hand of with the card to find something, use the big shuffling supporters.

P Center lady or Kahili won't be very good once you start finding opponents hitting for +150 damage a turn. Healing 60 won't make any difference. Drawing 2 won't do either.

Check Malamar FLi. Can help your strategy as engine for your deck and it's included in a couple of Theme decks (so you only need 500 tokens to get a 2-2 or 2-1 all together with other staple or interesting trainer cards. Laser focus have 2 Cynthia, 2-2 Malamar, 2 Myst treausres and more! And you don't need to set trades for them, just play and spend your tokens in Theme decks ;)

In short: Ace spec, VS seeker. Less pokémon. Reinforced evo lines with Rare candies. Big drawing staple Supporters. A ton of staple items and balls to find or recover what you need. Less energies but a way to find them (with trainer cards).

Have fun!

Edited by Chasista
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This deck needs a lot of work. Chasista already covered a lot of it, but I'll add a couple of things that stand out to me.

> If you're gonna run a GuzzNug deck, there needs to be 2-3 copies of it in the deck. You'll realistically never play more than 2, but the 3rd copy makes it easier to find and acts as safety in case 1 of them ends up prized.

> Besides having too many energy, you have too many energies that serve no purpose in the deck while also missing a really important energy for Dragon types in Expanded. You should remove the Fairy type attackers from your deck as well as all the Fairy type energies, remove the Double Colorless Energies, remove the Draw Energy, cut down the number of basic Psychic and Darkness energies and add Double Dragon Energies.

Wow thanks for the feedback guys. It gives me some insight. Thanks for helping a starter out, nice community you have here :D. Im gonne see and try to implant some of your improvements.

I couldnt make all the changes yet. But i left out the bad trainers and put more balls and items in and upped the trainer count. I got rid of the no function pokemon and energy's. Just looking for the guzznag cards now, but it alrdy feels less rng like. Thanks for the tips!

Edited by JackSheppard
  • Upvote 2

No problem :) Glad to hear our advice was of use. Feel free to post your updated decklist if you want further advice.

I have made some updates, and some new cards. Updated deck, hope its better.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck-overzicht ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Darkrai-EX DEX 63
* 1 Hoopa-GX TEU 166
* 1 Drampa GRI 97
* 2 Naganadel & Guzzlord-GX CEC 158
* 1 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 95
* 2 Indeedee V SSH 192
* 2 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Oricorio-GX CEC 217
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainerkaarten - 30

* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Professor Oak's Setup CEC 201
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Kahili LOT 179
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 1 Giant Cape DRX 114
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 1 Switch BCR 135
* 1 Ace Trainer AOR 69
* 1 N's Resolve CEC 200
* 1 Sparkling Robe FFI 99
* 1 Bianca EPO 90
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energie - 15

* 5 Psychic Energy SWSHEnergy 5
* 1 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 6 Darkness-energy SMEnergy 16
* 2 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97
* 1 Aurora Energy SSH 186

Totaal aantal kaarten - 60

****** Deckoverzicht gegenereerd door Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Because i only have 2 guzznag decks i still focus a lot of support on keeping them alive. I have noticed that often it does makes the difference. Sometimes the deck felt abit slow, i like to grab guzz on the first 2 turns atleast. Im still somewhat limited in my trainer cards, it feels somewhat better.

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I would do is have less single cards, but instead have multiple of the same for consistency. It's just a pet peeve!😁