Bring legacy events back!

Dmiller58

The Legacy format has been making a comeback lately and I would love to see legacy events come back for a little bit. I know a ton of people who would stack into those events to win old school packs online.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Dmiller58 said:

The Legacy format has been making a comeback lately and I would love to see legacy events come back for a little bit. I know a ton of people who would stack into those events to win old school packs online.

Hello @Dmiller58

I'm joining another fellow trainer to welcome you to the forum! :) 

Thank you for taking the time to share this suggestion with us. 

The problem is that Guru didn't even pass the suggestion on to the dev team..... Not that it would matter, but come on.

3 hours ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

The problem is that Guru didn't even pass the suggestion on to the dev team..... Not that it would matter, but come on.

I trust the mods when they say that they pass on our suggestions to the dev team. I just don't think that the devs care too much about our feedback xd

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Sakura150612 said:

I trust the mods when they say that they pass on our suggestions to the dev team. I just don't think that the devs care too much about our feedback xd

Hello @Sakura150612

Thank you for your words and trust. You're right, when we confirm it here we certainly do so. 

This is my first forum post.

I am pretty much exclusively a Legacy player and always have been since I started playing the game a few years ago. I was absolutely heartbroken when I logged in after a break of a few months and Legacy tournaments were gone.

Now, especially during quarantine, I managed to get some friends of mine into online PTCG as well, and they also prefer Legacy (being older players). But building up a cardpool for the format is quite some challenge without tournaments. I would give them some cards but I only have just enough tradable copies for my own or completely tradelocked cards.

So I would absolutely love for the ptcgo team to include Legacy torunaments in the game again!

I think the reasoning behind taking them out was that it takes too long for a tournament to start. I don't think that is a problem, as you sometimes have to wait 15+ minutes until next round in tournaments anyways and you also know what you are getting into so you make sure you have some time. It also definitely pays of as it would be the only way to obtain tradeable HGSS boosters and lately they are in an absurd price spike.

Maybe you could work around the waiting duration and offer Legacy tournaments only on weekends or maybe 2 days a week as a means to concentrate the player base.

Also Legacy Versus ladders would be great (Tropical beach 2000vs points, I'm looking at you (that price spike is intense)) but I can definitely understand if that would be too alienating to the general user base.

Long post, but this is my most earnest opinion towards Legacy.

And also thank you to the mods for being in contact with the developers and keeping up this forum <3

• Upvote 2

On 4/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, Sakura150612 said:

For sure. I do heartedly trust that they do so, and we both evidently see eye to eye on the matter concerning the devs. In the event that they possibly respond to our thoughts, I would have an abundance of better comfort, however, until then (if then of course), I have to agree here as well.

This is all unsatisfactory for you people who took delight in Legacy Tournaments. I have at no occasion really been a legacy player, but a lot of you obviously have and want to continue to be.

We'll probably never know why they took it away whether they one day end up bringing it back of not.

Until then, one word. Hope 😁

I mean, I would be happier if the devs answered to out feedback from time to time, even if it were through the mods rather than directly communicating with us. What happens after our feedback gets relayed to the devs is pretty much a black box, no one can know how much of it gets taken in consideration. I know that they listen to it at least in some occasions since we've seen changes in the past that match what we've been suggesting. But on the other hand, sometimes there are things that we've been asking for years and we never hear back from the devs. 

We have to consider too that we on the forums are somewhat of a vocal minority (I know that term may have somewhat of a negative connotation but I mean it in a completely literal sense; there's very few of us vs the god knows how many that play this game without ever visiting the forums, and we can directly voice our opinions while those who simply play don't talk). This was how they explained, for example, why the chat was removed from the game despite the major backlash that was seen here in the forums: according Samhayne, the majority of the players didn't even use the chat a whole lot in the first place and mostly just acted as a frustration point for them when they got flamed, in direct contrast to what the average forum user experienced with the chat. I think this makes a lot of sense in hindsight. This is just my wild guess, but I think that we, who frequently visit the forums, actively seek communication and thus it was more likely that we used the chat often. It's entirely possible that the majority of the playerbase just wanted to play in silence, so the only time they ever used the chat was when they were getting flamed by a troll. This would explain why even though it seems like our feedback is being ignored the devs may actually be doing what's best for the game. I know I always default to the topic of the chat whenever the issue of player feedback comes up, but I think it's a really good example of why player feedback on the forums doesn't always translate to actual changes in the game.

Now, this may not necessarily apply to Legacy and its removal from the Events tab. I can't think of any reason of why they were removed, other than maybe waiting times but I never felt like that was a problem when I played Events back when Legacy tournaments were still a thing. Then again, maybe there is a perfectly good reason why they haven't brought them back and the devs just don't bother communicating with us. I honestly don't know.

We do know that the mods send our feedback to the devs and that, at least sometimes, it's heard and implemented. All we can do is keep providing our feedback.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i just played this [Edited by Mod_Turtle: Mentioning other trainers negatively on the forum is not allowed. Please use the report feature in game or open a support ticket if you would like to report a trainer.]  and he stalled on playing so the timer would not kick him for over ten minutes

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, xavier16 said:

i just played this *removed* and he stalled on playing so the timer would not kick him for over ten minutes

If this is true, what you should have done is report him in-game as soon as the match was over with the report function. If you didn't, then you should send a support ticket. All matters regarding disciplinary actions are handled privately.

Accusing a player of breaking the rules in public here is the forums is forbidden. There are plenty of reasons for this, but the main thing is that the accuser isn't always being honest. Not saying that's the case here, ragestallers aren't anything new and I've no reason to think you're lying. However, the same won't always be true for everyone. It wouldn't be hard for a random guy to ruin the reputation of a player by accussing them of something they didn't do. And thus, accusing other players of breaking the rules in public is simply forbidden across the board.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, xavier16 said:

sorry i did know that was not OK i wont do it again sorry

Don't worry about it, it's cool :)

On this topic, if the fear is that wait times will be too long (presumably the main reason why they were removed) why not just make the tournaments available on just two days a week, either the same two days or rotating?

If it's only on two days a week, say, it is more likely that the tournaments will fill up quickly since Legacy players will save their tickets for those days. 

As an avid Legacy player and someone who dislikes the new formats I'd certainly welcome the return of these events! 

• Upvote 2