GrewupGeek

Would you like to see old booster packs make a comeback?

GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, I'm curious if anybody would like to see old TCG booster packs become available again in stores again?  Like say next year, for Pokemon 25, get to see all of booster packs, from the Basic Set, to maybe all of the BW cards, for a certain amount of time.  Giving fans a chance to get caught up a bit in the series, while also getting a second chance at cards that has evaded them for so long.  Including a few bundle sets of promo cards you could only get at say, movie theaters, McDonalds, Burger King, places like that. 

Even if most of them won't be available for the online game, since that might require an act of Nintendo, along with permission from  Wizards of the Coast, to burn some serious midnight oil to make happen.  Rather, and this would really be wishful thinking, the tournaments for next year decides to a multigenerational theme, where people can mix and match cards from all kinds of generations into one deck.

Me, I really wish it could happen.  Get a chance to fill in some serious gaps within my collection, and get some nostalgia going in the process.

Salmancer

I would imagine that the prevalence of power creep, combined with the fact there is no sanctioned format that uses cards older than Black and White, would a rerelease of older sets as is very unappealing for most people. Personally, I would prefer Pokémon making newer versions of old cards that are adjusted for power creep as they did in Celestial Storm. That way, the cards still invoke nostalgia but aren't discarded by people looking to play the game.

Of course, there are other ways that Pokémon could use to reprint old cards, with no changes. I just don't think a good answer is to print the exact same sets.

GrewupGeek

Unless there are people who just collect cards, without playing them, and would want another chance at the ones they missed.  Or those who don't feel like waiting for the old cards to be remade in order to be used in battle, online or offline.  Besides, with a lot anniversaries bringing the old stuff back, who knows, there might be tons of leftover cards that are waiting to be sold, even if they would never have a digital counterpart.  Well, except maybe for the first two generations, since they were used in video games.