Questions about the QR Scanner

GrewupGeek

Hey, I just bought a webcam recently, and when I tried to use it for the QR Reader, nothing happens.  I see a picture, and hold it up for about a minute, but it shows no signs of scanning.  Are there specific things I need to do in order to get it to scan the QR on the cards?  Like a specific program?  Or a specific setting for the camera I need to use?

Or are there specific webcams I need to find that are more qualified to use as a QR scanner on here?  Or am I required to use some app on my phone, that is suppose to connect to the game?

Right now, I would like to try and use the QR scanner at least once or twice, just to try something different from typing the codes in, like I have always been doing.

I haven't scanned any codes myself in a long time, but I do remember the QR Scanner being a bit finicky. At times, it would take the code right away, and at others, it took a bit of wiggling the code around for the scanner to detect it. Then sometimes it just wouldn't detect the code no matter what I tried. What I used to do was take a bulk of codes, try them one after the other and separate the ones that the scanner didn't take; then I'd just type out the code of those manually. I know it isn't much of a solution, but it's better than just typing all of the codes by default.

It's possible that the specific webcam makes a difference, but I honestly couldn't say. I don't really know too much about the details of the QR Scanner, so all I could recommend is moving the code to a different position if it's not detected right away. It might not be of much help, but it's an idea you could try.

I scan from about 7-8 inches (18-20 cm), zoomed in, using my Android phone as a webcam and DroidCam on my phone and Windows 10 PC. Given that setup, I'd think anything that the game recognizes as a camera (is it showing the image?) would work, if it's focused reasonably well.

Okay, it is working.  I have been doing it wrong.  I've been holding the card right in front of the camera, that it hasn't been able to read it.  Mainly, I've been using it the same way I would an QR reader app on my phone, placing it as close as possible.

Two completely different concepts, go figure.

• Upvote 1