Sakura150612

ADP Night March

Sakura150612
Posted (edited)

I decided to give a try to ADP Night March since it seemed like a nice update to my old NM deck. Sadly, I couldn't find iMmodestO's list that Chasista suggested to me, but I found one made by LittleDarkFury in YT that I used as a base. My list is almost identical actually, I just did a few modifications. Here's the list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 156
* 4 Joltik PHF 26
* 2 Mew FCO 29
* 4 Pumpkaboo PHF 44
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Lampent PHF 42

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 N FCO 105
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Teammates PRC 160
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Tag Call CEC 206
* 2 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

##Energy - 6

* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103
* 2 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

For the time being I won't be trying to get a Dedenne-GX because it's too expensive and Shaymin-EX is almost as good. The deck feels pretty good and it's incredibly fast paced, but there's a couple of points that concern me. For starters, going first with this deck is an absolute tragedy; I've lost most of the games where I've been forced to go 1st. I don't know if there's much way to remedy that but I thought I might as well ask. The other thing is that space is really tight since the ADP combo cards take up a whopping 10 cards, which I feel limits my ability to add techs like Marshadow-GX and a few others. If I had to cut anything it'd probably be the 2 Trainers' Mail, but idk, I've been running them for so long on my NM list that it feels awkward not to have them. The list I copied also had some Electropowers, but from what little I tested them I never seemed to pull them when I needed them (and getting them on the 1st turn is a complete waste because 99% of the time I want to use my GX attack that turn).

Any thoughts on possible changes are much appreciated.

Edited by Sakura150612

Chasista
Posted (edited)

Marshadow GX is common in Night march decks as it was in the past now with PikaKrom in play again.

Ultra ball? Quick ball? Discard 2, Discard 1? Not sure about the right answer but, the more balls you add, the more basics you can find to start the games to don't loose with only 1 basic in play going 1st. More consistently finding Shaymin and more balls with it.

Choice band worths only for GX/EX. Now with Zacian in play, Muscle band should recover its past bright for that+20 over 200 damage needed to 1HKO them. Choice allows you to arrive to 270 attacking with Mew (Or Marshadow) if your 12 Marchers are in the discard. I don't know what's better.. FFB was also common for a while, Joltiks with 70HP although I don't feel that last makes better difference than hit harder. Electropower were played also in the past.

The more I think the more decks I find that can fill a couple or even just 1 spot with the Eggs. Maybe no space, don't fit the strategy... but with discarding things decks, they come handful often, if no Marchers in hand.

I always loved 2 Special charge. I do that kind of things. I remember to play 3 Lysandre in my decks when 2 as much were the Standard (and Juniper/Sycamore the other 4 in every deck Staples along with N so chances to end with both Lysandre and all VsSs in discard was more common than could be thought). The surprise factor. Although Lysandre was a very own choice, I don't think 2 Special charge would be weird for a deck relying so much in Special energies and running only 4 to attack.

I've seen some decks playing Thunder mountain, but then you "need" Basic energy. Historically 4 Dim valley were played to make Pumpka able to attack. I haven't seen Mew3 lately in Expanded but Psy weakness is a factor. This would also work with the Mew for a single energy. But there' are no Basic energies in the deck so Chaotic swell apart, the Stadium choice seems pretty nice 😊 Wouldn't go without a Field blower tho. To me it's clearly an Expanded staple.

Talking about basic energies, I've seen some of them being played to attack with ADP and fill the benched Marchers. Seems the completely opposite side of the archetype tho and being the goal giving 1 prize instead of 2 or 3 a lot of 1 prize decks go with Scoop up cyclone to erase the possibility to give 3 or even 4 prizes with ADP. I prefer the DCEs although some pokémon would ruin your game. I can remember right now Honchkrow GX and Noivern GX. Although that would shut off your own Shaymin/Lele/Marshadow, Power plant enters to the pool of Stadium choices.

Also Pokémon ranger is great in any case, but specially if you go 1st and opponent GX-ADPs their 1st turn, you Ranger they to make your GX after and get the benefits while cancelling theirs or shutting down Noivern GX for example.

LOL, I just noticed there are  some notes in the last part of your post. Well, you've found then some repeated tips you already know. I also thought 4 T mail was in every NM deck since the beginning but ADP combo eats a lot of space. I agree that it's probably the first I would remove too if more space needed. Sadly because they use to be quite useful to accelerate. Another acceleration common item is Acrobike. Not one of my fav cards but doesn't hurts too much in a deck like this specially when you can choose the second ADP, any Marcher or any Supporter you can recover with VsS. Thinning the deck it's a goal so why not.

And I think this is all that comes to my mind about NM. Don't know if useful but a ton of changes can be tried, right?

Wasn't totally sure IMMO is said commonly or not for In My Modest Opinion so wrote IMmodestO  The "find a list" part blow my head off 😱 My bad English, sorry about that.

Edited by Chasista

Sakura150612
1 hour ago, Chasista said:

Marshadow GX is common in Night march decks as it was in the past now with PikaKrom in play again.

Ultra ball? Quick ball? Discard 2, Discard 1? Not sure about the right answer but, the more balls you add, the more basics you can find to start the games to don't loose with only 1 basic in play going 1st. More consistently finding Shaymin and more balls with it.

Choice band worths only for GX/EX. Now with Zacian in play, Muscle band should recover its past bright for that+20 over 200 damage needed to 1HKO them. Choice allows you to arrive to 270 attacking with Mew (Or Marshadow) if your 12 Marchers are in the discard. I don't know what's better.. FFB was also common for a while, Joltiks with 70HP although I don't feel that last makes better difference than hit harder. Electropower were played also in the past.

The more I think the more decks I find that can fill a couple or even just 1 spot with the Eggs. Maybe no space, don't fit the strategy... but with discarding things decks, they come handful often, if no Marchers in hand.

I always loved 2 Special charge. I do that kind of things. I remember to play 3 Lysandre in my decks when 2 as much were the Standard (and Juniper/Sycamore the other 4 in every deck Staples along with N so chances to end with both Lysandre and all VsSs in discard was more common than could be thought). The surprise factor. Although Lysandre was a very own choice, I don't think 2 Special charge would be weird for a deck relying so much in Special energies and running only 4 to attack.

I've seen some decks playing Thunder mountain, but then you "need" Basic energy. Historically 4 Dim valley were played to make Pumpka able to attack. I haven't seen Mew3 lately in Expanded but Psy weakness is a factor. This would also work with the Mew for a single energy. But there' are no Basic energies in the deck so Chaotic swell apart, the Stadium choice seems pretty nice 😊 Wouldn't go without a Field blower tho. To me it's clearly an Expanded staple.

Talking about basic energies, I've seen some of them being played to attack with ADP and fill the benched Marchers. Seems the completely opposite side of the archetype tho and being the goal giving 1 prize instead of 2 or 3 a lot of 1 prize decks go with Scoop up cyclone to erase the possibility to give 3 or even 4 prizes with ADP. I prefer the DCEs although some pokémon would ruin your game. I can remember right now Honchkrow GX and Noivern GX. Although that would shut off your own Shaymin/Lele/Marshadow, Power plant enters to the pool of Stadium choices.

Also Pokémon ranger is great in any case, but specially if you go 1st and opponent GX-ADPs their 1st turn, you Ranger they to make your GX after and get the benefits while cancelling theirs or shutting down Noivern GX for example.

Hmm, I do technically still have space since the Trainers' Mail isn't essential, so I'll probably cut them out. I have indeed seen some PikaRom (as well as a few Dark type decks) so I'll probably tech in the Marshadow-GX. Oh, and I completely forgot that Quick Ball was a thing now xd I actually replaced already the 2 Mysterious Treasure with 2 Quick Ball (since, considering my deck is 100% Basic Pokemon, Quick Ball is the superior choice in all scenarios). Probably won't add any more balls though since I'm already pressed for space.

I'll test some more with Choice Band for now since I haven't encountered that many Pokemon V yet, but as they inevitably become more common with the release of new SSH expansions I'm thinking I'll definitely have to switch back to Muscle Band. FFB might actually be good on ADP since I usually end up attacking with it almost as often as I attack with my NM cards (but perhaps that's an habit I should change considering that risking a card that gives 3 prizes on a deck whose whole shtick is to give only 1 is kind of yikes).

Eggs are super fun to play with, but sadly I don't have much space for them. I could try running 1 and test to see if I don't brick. 2 Special Charge is something I actually run on my classic NM deck, and it's something that I wanted to do here too but, y'know, space xd I haven't felt like I've needed that 2nd Special Charge that much though, since games are over really quickly thanks to ADP. Running an extra Guzma or Lysandre sounds like a sick idea though, I feel like it could really help clutch out some games, so I'll consider adding an extra one. Ranger sounds good too, I'd have to test some to see which additional supporter I benefit more from. I could consider Scoop Up Cyclone, but I feel kind of bad not using my Computer Search xd I'm definitely open to testing though.

LOL, I just noticed there are  some notes in the last part of your post. Well, you've found then some repeated tips you already know. I also thought 4 T mail was in every NM deck since the beginning but ADP combo eats a lot of space. I agree that it's probably the first I would remove too if more space needed. Sadly because they use to be quite useful to accelerate. Another acceleration common item is Acrobike. Not one of my fav cards but doesn't hurts too much in a deck like this specially when you can choose the second ADP, any Marcher or any Supporter you can recover with VsS. Thinning the deck it's a goal so why not.

And I think this is all that comes to my mind about NM. Don't know if useful but a ton of changes can be tried, right?

Don't worry about it xd Yeah, Acro Bike is something I used to run in my older versions of NM back when I had more space. Can't really do it any more though 😕 I'll just have to keep testing while keeping these suggestions in mind.

Wasn't totally sure IMMO is said commonly or not for In My Modest Opinion so wrote IMmodestO  The "find a list" part blow my head off 😱 My bad English, sorry about that.

Lmao, IMmodestO totally sounded like a legit username xD Don't worry about that 1 either. English isn't my first language either (in fact, we're both native Spanish speakers right?), so I can relate to the occasional slip. 

Sakura150612
8 hours ago, Chasista said:

Choice band worths only for GX/EX. Now with Zacian in play, Muscle band should recover its past bright for that+20 over 200 damage needed to 1HKO them.

After doing some testing, I've come to realize that you were completely right on this one. Choice Band is overkill to attack regular Pokemon EX/GX, and it's still not enough to OHKO Tag Team GX. Greeding for that extra +10 damage isn't paying off, so I'm switching to Muscle Band so it can at least help me KO Pokemnon V. Also, I nearly lost a match a few minutes ago by baiting myself into thinking Choice Band works on Pokemon V xd so I'm switching off now before it happens again.

Chasista

I totally forgot you're from (I think) Chile. Y que siempre estemos hablando inglés... 😅 Thinking about it, that could seem the "SoyModesto" list or channel 😂

You could test playing only 1 ADP. Hey, yet if priced, you're getting only 1 prize at a time against other 1 prize decks and yet advantage for 2, 3 prizers.. Would add no brain the Ranger tho. I've did in some decks and it's crazy to play it just after the Altered creation GX (and the yet more crazy to play own Altered creation next turn). UltraLOL. Also useful against that Noivern etc. Don't gonna repeat everything.

Glad about the Muscle/Choice consideration. It's something I've found often myself while playing so I had to say. It also happens to me to think about Great caching some Zacian V or whatever V to realise doesn't work. Back to Custom if space, Counter if it fits or flip coin Poke catcher if you're a lucky player. That flip coin wins and looses more games than we can imagine 😱

Don't know if missing anything to reply, I'm a bit absent minded.

• Upvote 1

Sakura150612
36 minutes ago, Chasista said:

I totally forgot you're from (I think) Chile. Y que siempre estemos hablando inglés... 😅 Thinking about it, that could seem the "SoyModesto" list or channel 😂

I am from Chile indeed xD But I dunno, even though we're both native Spanish speakers I guess it's just natural that most conversations in here are had in English regardless. I guess it's good practice too since I don't get much of a chance to use my Enlgish IRL anymore.

40 minutes ago, Chasista said:

You could test playing only 1 ADP. Hey, yet if priced, you're getting only 1 prize at a time against other 1 prize decks and yet advantage for 2, 3 prizers.. Would add no brain the Ranger tho. I've did in some decks and it's crazy to play it just after the Altered creation GX (and the yet more crazy to play own Altered creation next turn). UltraLOL. Also useful against that Noivern etc. Don't gonna repeat everything.

Glad about the Muscle/Choice consideration. It's something I've found often myself while playing so I had to say. It also happens to me to think about Great caching some Zacian V or whatever V to realise doesn't work. Back to Custom if space, Counter if it fits or flip coin Poke catcher if you're a lucky player. That flip coin wins and looses more games than we can imagine 😱

Don't know if missing anything to reply, I'm a bit absent minded.

I could try just 1 ADP and see how it goes. I'll be harder to guarantee a T1 ADP play, but you're right in that I could just play normally and I'd probably still do fine. That'd leave some more space for techs.

Interestingly enough, even though I've run into other ADP decks, I've yet to see a single one that goes aggressively for the T1 Altered Creation. That I always chose to go 2nd if I win the coin flip is probably part of the reason, but still. I could still see Ranger being useful against Noivern though (and Mew3 box that has access to its attacks), since being locked out of Special Energies in this deck is gg.

• Upvote 1

WingsofFire1014

Wait, you both are natively spanish? 

Let's see, my Spanish is a little rusty these days. Umm. Hola? XD

Anybody here from Missouri? XD

When I play against ADP, my opponents are always using Alter Creation ASAP. Definently try out the ranger and see how that goes.

Sakura150612
15 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

Wait, you both are natively spanish? 

Let's see, my Spanish is a little rusty these days. Umm. Hola? XD

Hola xd Si, nuestra lengua materna es el español.

22 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

When I play against ADP, my opponents are always using Alter Creation ASAP. Definently try out the ranger and see how that goes.

Huh. I guess I just haven't run into too many ADP decks in total. Maybe the few I have seen I forced to to 1st since I'm trying to do the same thing with my own ADP. I'll consider running 1 Ranger though. Besides helping with the ADP matchup it should also help with locking attacks, so running it as a tech sounds like a good idea.