Sign in to follow this  
Unknown1986

[CARD] Honchkrow gx and Charjabug(special energy)

Unknown1986

Not sure if its a bug/mistake or non issue. Should Honchkrow gx ability block Charjabug from attaching itself as a special energy? If so, had a match where the other player can attach it freely. Thanks.

SandaledOtter
Posted (edited)

Ruler of the Night

As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can't play any Pokémon Tool, Special Energy, or Stadium cards from their hand....

Battery
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach this card from your hand to 1 of your Vikavolt or Vikavolt-GX as a Special Energy card....

Well, I don't agree with it, but that's irrelevant. This is the ruling:

Battery    (Charjabug - Unbroken Bonds)

Q. Would Honchkrow GX's "Ruler of the Night" Ability prevent me from using Charjabug's "Battery" Ability to attach it to Vikavolt as an Energy card?
A. Yes it would prevent that because Charjabug would be a Special Energy card being played from your hand. (Unbroken Bonds FAQ; May 2, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Honchkrow GX does need to be the active Pokemon to work, though, and there might be ways to turn off that ability.
Edited by SandaledOtter

Unknown1986

He's in active. I have only 2 honchrow GX, one in active and one in bench. He has a Vikavolt in active and nothing that turn off its ability on the bench. I've used it gx and discard his supporters hoping to win by locking him, knowing full well that the deck does not run any ability lock and regular energy. His next turn, he just freely attached. That is why I reported the cards.

IceBeamTogetic
Posted (edited)

Without a game log, it's hard to tell. Honchkrow is enough of a threat that some decks need to play some way around its lock, even if they didn't in the past.

Was there a Power Plant in play? Try to replicate the scenario and post the game log.

Edited by IceBeamTogetic
FCO Marowak only protects from Attacks, not Abilities.

Mod_GuruLot
On 3/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, Unknown1986 said:

Not sure if its a bug/mistake or non issue. Should Honchkrow gx ability block Charjabug from attaching itself as a special energy? If so, had a match where the other player can attach it freely. Thanks.

Hello @Unknown1986

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention but the fellow trainer IceBeamTogetic is right about a game log. 

Could you please provide it when you run into this issue again? 

Sign in to follow this