The Staple Cards of the Standard Format\Template. BONUS: Why we use these cards (WIP).

WingsofFire1014

On 5/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, NL168 said:

Sun and Moon Base Set,
because you can't have two at the same time, and have to choose one... IDK.

Correct! Though, again, without the right explanation XD.

SM1 M\S

Sun and Moon #1, Moon slash Sun. This is based off of the Japanese symbol for the sets. Please tell me if you don't like me pulling crazy stuff like this. I'll probably keep it more basic than this from now on.

Alright, if anyone has not received their pack yet, let me know.

It's been a bit, but time to roll again!

New clue,

"Red VS Blue!"

"What?"

(Both lines are spoken by different people)

Edited by WingsofFire1014

Team up, bc the guy says Red vs Blue and maybe their on the same team, so the other guy says what?.  There's literally no way this is correct xD.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 6:44 PM, NL168 said:

Team up, bc the guy says Red vs Blue and maybe their on the same team, so the other guy says what?.  There's literally no way this is correct xD.

Oh yes there is! Correct you are!

Do I have to tell you if you guessed with the right reason or not? XD

However, you were pretty close!

Red and Blue, are two colors on the Team Up name. The "what" was there, because a bystander was wondering why it was a VS. You know, TEAM Up.

My apologies for being absent for so long. I have some work to do on this thread, and I need to get myself caught up in general on the forum again!😃

Just now got around to getting everything updated around here. Been busy lately.

Updated the giveaway post as well, and I noticed that you are a three time winner @NL168! And yes, your prize will be given to you ASAP, and a new giveaway will begin ASAP. Thanks to all for being patient with me!

(Originally posted on the update note post but I will also post it here)

Quote,

UPDATE NOTES: 7-6-20

CUSTOM CATCHER AND ANYTHING AFFILIATED WITH IT REMOVED. OTHER MINOR CHANGES.

1 hour ago, NL168 said:

@WingsofFire1014 You may want to consider adding Evolution Incense 0-4 for evolution decks, and Mallow and Lana 0-2.

Does Evolution Incense seem specific at all though? I see it a decent amount of times, but isn't it best used in (like you kind of said) evolution decks? Would it be a card that every deck should consider?

Mallow and Lana isn't a bad thought. I'll look into it.

By the way, I have sent your TU pack your way 😃

@WingsofFire1014 I also think Pokegear 3.0 is a staple and should be on this list.

Spoiler

Trainers
5. (0-4) Pokegear 3.0 (Unbroken Bonds).  Look at the top 7 cards of your deck and put supporter you find into your hand.

Prices
Normal: $0.20
Reverse Holo: $0.30
FA: N/A
SR: $7

EXAMPLE #4- Searching for supporters

"Why would I need Pokegear 3.0 when I have 4 Professor's Research and 4 Cynthia and 2 Marnie? I won't ever need that."  

You play a game and you drop down a Research and play your cards.  The next turn, you realize you have no supporters in your hand! Now you are bricking while your opponent is setting up and you lose the game.  If you'd had a Pokegear 3.0, you would've played it down to get another supporter for your next turn.  Pokegear 3.0 easily finds supporters and boosts the consistency of your deck.

Pokegear3.0= Use.

OK, I did the hard work for you on this one.  The question is... will you add it? 😜

Edit: The filters filtered out "Pokegear (space) 3.0= Use", so I put in a white square in between.

Edited by NL168

2 hours ago, NL168 said:

@WingsofFire1014 I also think Pokegear 3.0 is a staple and should be on this list.

Reveal hidden contents

Trainers
5. (0-4) Pokegear 3.0 (Unbroken Bonds).  Look at the top 7 cards of your deck and put supporter you find into your hand.

Prices
Normal: $0.20
Reverse Holo: $0.30
FA: N/A
SR: $7

EXAMPLE #4- Searching for supporters

"Why would I need Pokegear 3.0 when I have 4 Professor's Research and 4 Cynthia and 2 Marnie? I won't ever need that."  

You play a game and you drop down a Research and play your cards.  The next turn, you realize you have no supporters in your hand! Now you are bricking while your opponent is setting up and you lose the game.  If you'd had a Pokegear 3.0, you would've played it down to get another supporter for your next turn.  Pokegear 3.0 easily finds supporters and boosts the consistency of your deck.

Pokegear3.0= Use.

OK, I did the hard work for you on this one.  The question is... will you add it? 😜

Edit: The filters filtered out "Pokegear (space) 3.0= Use", so I put in a white square in between.

Wow! I'm impressed! Thanks!

If I do use it (probably should), I might modify what you gave me a bit if you don't mind.

I'm going to look and see what the staple buzz has been like recently.

Thanks for your help and getting me caught up!

EDIT: Actually, if you want me to, and if I decide to use it, I'll use word for word what you used. You would get the ******. It would be cool to have some other people involved with the main post! Again, that is up to you though. Just another option.

21 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

Wow! I'm impressed! Thanks!

If I do use it (probably should), I might modify what you gave me a bit if you don't mind.

I'm going to look and see what the staple buzz has been like recently.

Thanks for your help and getting me caught up!

EDIT: Actually, if you want me to, and if I decide to use it, I'll use word for word what you used. You would get the ******. It would be cool to have some other people involved with the main post! Again, that is up to you though. Just another option.

I'm perfectly fine with you giving me ******.  If you want to make some minor edits, go ahead, as it's probably not perfect.  Thank you!