Using double colorless to retreat?

EmptyShadow

In the online game I tried had a water energy and a double colorless energy attached to my active pokemon. Its retreat cost was three and it would not let me retried him. It just pretended like i didn't have enough energy.

_

Now I know that it can depend which order you discard a DoubleColorless energy and you could 'overpay.' But I had the exact retriet cost. So is this a ruling, or a glitch?

_

-Shadow

This is a glitch. You should be able to retreat according to the game's rules. Even when you are "overpaying", you should still be allowed to discard the double colorless as well.

In the online game I tried had a water energy and a double colorless energy attached to my active pokemon. Its retreat cost was three and it would not let me retried him. It just pretended like i didn't have enough energy.

_

Now I know that it can depend which order you discard a DoubleColorless energy and you could 'overpay.' But I had the exact retriet cost. So is this a ruling, or a glitch?

_

-Shadow

Cry until it works.

That always works for me.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me when I tried to retreat Afro Torus [which has a retreat cost of 2 energy] with a double colorless energy.

I always though that double-colorless only counted as one energy card when paying for retreat.

No it should pay for 2.

It most likely a bug, cause I have this same problem double colourless caught as two energies. So there is a problem that they most likely will sort out.

Archived