ChawkyV

PTCGO Price Guide: WIP (Added all Rebel Clash Vs, FAs and SR Trainers)

derperrderrrr

I have a two quick questions about one of the values. The Charizard Box worth 25+. Which box is this exactly? As well why is it 25+ does that mean its value is at least 25 and could be more?

Valkyria
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, derperrderrrr said:

I have a two quick questions about one of the values. The Charizard Box worth 25+. Which box is this exactly? As well why is it 25+ does that mean its value is at least 25 and could be more?

It's the Charizard-Themed Avatar Collection Box, a discontinued pack that when opened will give you avatar items from the Charizard collection. As with all discontinued items, it's a seller's market. At the time of this post, there is only one public trade offer that's selling it. The offer is 5 Charizard boxes for 1 Tropical Beach 12, another discontinued item. If I had to estimate, I'd say Tropical Beach 12 is valued at approximately 550 Rebel Clash packs. The cheapest Tropical Beach 12 offer on public trades right now is for 13 SR Quick Balls, which are approximately 40 Rebel Clash packs each.

Edited by Valkyria
  • Upvote 1

ChawkyV
19 hours ago, derperrderrrr said:

Yes, as @Valkyria has perfectly explained, it might actually be worth a lot more and i doubt anyone would actually trade it even for 30-40 packs

All discontinued items (Charizard Boxoes, Beaches, Gem Promos) can easily reach insane prices

Loof6

The last update was a bit ago. When will the next one come?

Jammer87
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Loof6 said:

The last update was a bit ago. When will the next one come?

Not to mention 9OutOfBen's domain expired, so we can't see the page... :(

^ Will we ever get a frequently-updated guide, or are we forced to register to Discord AND access OU7C4ST's auto-guide, and type in the card name there JUST to get ANY idea on how much our cards are worth?

^ No advertising intent there, but as everyone knows it hurts in the event that there's only ONE option that hasn't bit the dust if you want a card price for your PTCGO card...

EDIT: I wonder if I replied to a post made two weeks and one day after the post before... Gosh, I hate it when I miss vital post dates... Especially in the case its container is not pinned... :(

Edited by Jammer87

ripull125
On 2/24/2020 at 10:31 AM, ChawkyV said:

Hello and Welcome

This is my humble attempt to make a frequently updated and as accurate as possible PTCGO Price guide, taking after the now closed Trading companies and the Price Guides by Ou7c4st and 9OutofBen who stopped updating them (PTCGO Guide has just started updating again), I Hope you will bear with me for a few weeks as i slowly try to build up this thread into a helpful source of pricing cards for all the community

Update (13-05-2020): - Added Rebel Clash Cards with starting prices (bound to change soon) and pack Ratios

- Added all SR Energy Cards and Ace Specs

- Updated some card prices 

Note 1: always remember, these aren't EXACT & OFFICIAL Prices, they're just a guideline to get an idea on how to price your cards

Note 2: Some prices, notably old EXs and cards might not be accurate and that is due to the lack of trades on public or private done for those cards, will update as soon as i get more data

Note 3: For those of you who are new and do not know the meanings of the following abbreviations, here they are:

RA = Regular art: the standard art for the EX/GX/V, usually takes 50% to 75 % of the card

FA = Full art: the Full card art, as in it fills the whole card and is usually shinier and has more defined lines

SR = Secret Rare: These versions are usually either Fully Gold (with 1 exception being Dialga EX SR as it is fully Silver) or have Golden edges

RR = Rainbow Rare: (also known as Hyper Rare) These replaced SRs for a while but currently in the SwSh era, we are apparently getting both these and SRs, they look Holographic

AA = Alternate Art: Different artworks for GX and certain other cards, these aren't very common

SV = Shiny Vault: the FAs from Shiny Vault (Hidden Fates), the pokemon in these cards always have their shiny form, you can recognize these cards but the Yellow A in the bottom and they set number usually begins with SV0..

Pack Ratios

SwSh

SuMo

XY

BW

HGSS

Team Up 1            

A/1-Sword & Shield (SSh)

Card Name

RA

FA 

SR/RR

AA/SV

Card Name

RA

FA 

SR/RR

AA/SV

Lapras VMAX 2 / 3,5 /

Just got a lapras vmax for 1 team up just saying

• Downvote 1

ripull125

How do you get all this data?

• Upvote 1

mr-tiaa
Posted (edited)

Hi, there!

I'm sorry I'm pretty new to the game and the forums. Could I please ask what exactly is this price? is this like, how many cards it's worth or smtg? Thank you so much for your time!

Edited by mr-tiaa
  • Upvote 1

NL168

@Mod_GuruLot? Sorry to bother you, but can you please pin this thread? I think it's useful and worthy to be pinned.

• Upvote 1

iSpyn
Posted (edited)

Not to discredit this OP, or try and clickgrab.

I just wanted to share this in case it was not a widely known thing...

id say actual values vary i feel like this page is 12hrs or so behind current market trends.

Hope this helps someone

Edit: Just came back into game after, well since Guardians Rising. so a minuet... But its ❤️

Edited by iSpyn
non-official URL removed ( *********************)
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
16 hours ago, NL168 said:

@Mod_GuruLot? Sorry to bother you, but can you please pin this thread? I think it's useful and worthy to be pinned.

@NL168, it's done! :)  

OliverTwisting

Thank you mod!

• Upvote 1

Loof6

The thing doesn't do much when it's old and it hasn't been updated in over 6 weeks. So the thread is not particularly useful at the moment.

• Upvote 1

NL168

@ChawkyV I know you may have other things going on in your life, but I want to ask whether you can/will continue to update this guide.  It is very useful to the community and we want you to continue.  But if there is too much going on in your life right now, then we understand.

• Upvote 3

Mod_GuruLot
15 hours ago, OliverTwisting said:

Thank you mod!

Glad this helps! :) 

HolidayInn1942

anyone trading a set of tapa koko v?

Pyu514068

How much would be a lusamine prism star,a lysundyre prism star and erika's hospitality worth

• Downvote 2

Pyu514068
Posted (edited)

also shiny turtonator gx also full art Gallade of cosmic eclispe

Edited by Pyu514068
  • Downvote 2

snotmic

All these cards, besides shiny Turtanator GX, which you can get 2 of for 1 Rebel Clash, can be found on public

offers for 1

uncommon chest.

ChawkyV

Hello everyone

A lot has happened in the past month and half, i haven't been playing PTCGO at all since the end of May due to me getting a new time-consuming job and accordingly i didn't update this guide because i don't really know how muhc the prices have changed, i do appreciate the support this thread got recently, i was planning on returning when Darkness Ablaze comes out as i'm really excited for it, but i will try to come back sooner than that (and of course update this guide which has hopefully helped even a few people) and hopefully i can find the time to do that  starting from this day anbd until the next set come out

Of course all manner of help when it comes to card prices in order to update this is welcome either here or in PM,

Thank you for the support you've shown

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ChawkyV
On 6/17/2020 at 6:44 PM, ripull125 said:

How do you get all this data?

Generally from trading a lot, checking the public trades and personal experience, of course like i said in the front page these aren't OFFCIAL prices, but just guidelines to get an idea of certain card prices (however currently the guide hasn't been updated for about a month and a half, working on that)

On 6/21/2020 at 3:14 PM, mr-tiaa said:

Hi, there!

I'm sorry I'm pretty new to the game and the forums. Could I please ask what exactly is this price? is this like, how many cards it's worth or smtg? Thank you so much for your time!

Card prices is what you should pay for said cards, each card hjas a different price that changes over time, and each pack (the most common currency in the game) has a different value, in the front page, i put each pack's value in comparison to the standard "1" , for example: if a card is valued at 2.5, you can offer for it with 1 pack valued at 1, 1 pack valued at 0.5 and 3 packs valued at 0.33 (total is 2.5), of course it doesnt always work, since a lotta people prefer newer and better packs but you can always try

On 6/26/2020 at 12:56 AM, NL168 said:

@ChawkyV I know you may have other things going on in your life, but I want to ask whether you can/will continue to update this guide.  It is very useful to the community and we want you to continue.  But if there is too much going on in your life right now, then we understand.

I appreciate the support and i'm grateful this guide has been useful to some people, like i said above, i haven't used PTCGO since late May which is the reason why i haven't updated this guide, i will try returning slowly ********** i find time) and update this guide little by little, all help is appreciated

Mod_Turtle

Hi @ChawkyV,

I went ahead and unpinned this thread. We never pin price guides as it could give the impression that the guide is an official guide.

NL168
1 hour ago, Mod_Turtle said:

Hi @ChawkyV,

I went ahead and unpinned this thread. We never pin price guides as it could give the impression that the guide is an official guide.

Ok RIP... Right when this gets pinned by one mod it gets unpinned by another...  I understand that "it could give the impression that the guide is an official guide" but maybe it could be stated in the title like "Unofficial PTCGO PRICE GUIDE", instead of it getting unpinned entirely.  This is a useful guide, and I don't want to see it buried among the other posts.  I request for the title to be changed and for the post to be re-pinned.

• Upvote 1

BugMasterPkmn
2 hours ago, NL168 said:

Ok RIP... Right when this gets pinned by one mod it gets unpinned by another...  I understand that "it could give the impression that the guide is an official guide" but maybe it could be stated in the title like "Unofficial PTCGO PRICE GUIDE", instead of it getting unpinned entirely.  This is a useful guide, and I don't want to see it buried among the other posts.  I request for the title to be changed and for the post to be re-pinned.

I agree and support the idea, the guide is very useful and cannot go away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WingsofFire1014

It was very cool to see this post pinned for a bit!

In my opinion though, I don't see how any thread can get pinned if it is one that is constantly needing updates. If the person updating it falls behind, a beginner may happen to show up, and think that the outdated info on said post is legit. They could just constantly pin it and remove it as it is seeing "action", but I don't see things like that happening.

This is NOT meant to take anything away from anybody at all. Just how I've always seen it.

• Upvote 3