ChawkyV

PTCGO Price Guide: WIP (Added all Rebel Clash Vs, FAs and SR Trainers)

ChawkyV
2 hours ago, Cooldude said:

Both the guides before didnt told values of gem gameplays so it will u great if u include a area of them.

Main reason they didnt, is that those are very hard to price, as not many are in circulation and barely any in offered in Public trades, I will personally try to price them but i'm not sure i can

Ofc any help from other experienced traders is welcome

• Upvote 1

hunter328

Oh, wow!  This is exactly what I’ve been looking for!  ChawkyV, thank you so much for taking time to do this for everyone!!!  As a new player looking to possibly start trading, I have no idea what the relative value of cards and packs are in game and this should help quite a lot.  I’m going to save a link to my iPad home screen and go through it all later today, so I might be back with a question or two.

Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Chasista

Gratz for the nice work. Waiting in the future for the trainers 👏

I'd like to know why Noble victories 0'75. N FA? Thanks.

• Like 1

ChawkyV
On 3/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, Chasista said:

Gratz for the nice work. Waiting in the future for the trainers 👏

I'd like to know why Noble victories 0'75. N FA? Thanks.

Noble Victories was worth more than Plasma Freeze few years ago, it was always a pricy pack, same with Black & White base despite not having a lot of great cards in them and that was due to an extreme shortage of online codes for those 2 packs, thaty lead to N fa being +60 back when it was standard, but then they released Nvi in the ladder more than once which led to its drop, I'"ve seen many people actually value Nvi that high, its not on the same level as Freeze or even Boundaries Crossed, but its still a semi valuable pack

Chasista

OK.

My perception was Nvi being a not high valuable pack. Not the worst but neither a preferred one. Medium. Of course back in time when it was Standard, was high valued. I remember the times you are telling with N FA. Thanks for the explanation.

It's awkward to see PLS so high. Make sense now but it was always the ugly duckling of the trio. The one no one ever wanted LOL.

Keep it up!

• Upvote 1

ChawkyV
36 minutes ago, Chasista said:

It's awkward to see PLS so high. Make sense now but it was always the ugly duckling of the trio. The one no one ever wanted LOL.

Yes i agree with that, but with recent years the Plasma Trio and Bcr kinda kept their value between 0.75-1, mostly due to the Pricy SRs they have and Ace Specs

kodking

yo @ChawkyV a few ideas and tips to improve the thread.

1. add the trianer prices to the first post, this will make it easier to find the prices as they are with the other prices.

2. i suggest posting the prices of competitive pokemon cards like jirachi, volcanion and frostmoth. cards that are not GX, EX, V or FA trainers, but still highly saught after cards.

my brother had traded for 3 Jirachi for 7 S&S packs, but when i was trading, someone wanted 30 S&S for one jirachi. anway you doin well. i also suggest possibly posting deck list prices. so for example the standard list reshi-zard deck. list the cards in it and their prices, then a sum total. this can help players get an idea of how many packs they will need for the deck. anyway you doin really well. keep it up dude.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

ChawkyV
On 3/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, kodking said:

1. add the trianer prices to the first post, this will make it easier to find the prices as they are with the other prices.

I think its fairly easy to find any card, by just CTRL+F and typing the card, in addition they are organized by set or in 1 table for the Trainers

On 3/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, kodking said:

2. i suggest posting the prices of competitive pokemon cards like jirachi, volcanion and frostmoth. cards that are not GX, EX, V or FA trainers, but still highly saught after cards.

there are still a lot more cards i'ml planning to add whenever i get an accurate price list for them, so it will happen with time, and i need to separate the Pokemon cards from the Trainer cards and the other Rare cards for this thread to be organized

rodo1336

Could you make a correction for the FA Ho-oh EX from DEX? This card is 12-15 SWSH definitely not 7.  IF you disagree and to anyone reading this send me rodo1336 all your FA Ho-oH ex for 7 SWSH I will always accept.

• Downvote 1

ChawkyV
17 hours ago, rodo1336 said:

Could you make a correction for the FA Ho-oh EX from DEX? This card is 12-15 SWSH definitely not 7.  IF you disagree and to anyone reading this send me rodo1336 all your FA Ho-oH ex for 7 SWSH I will always accept.

Thank you for the help, i obviously cannot keep up with all the prices of all the cards by myself, But Ho-Oh EX FA is most definitely NOT 12+, its being offered by people for 9-10 SwSh, but due to the low trades including it we can't get an accurate price for it, but it is 100% at this moment 8-9 at most

Idunno09

Can you do prism stars(for now i need to know celebi prism star)

Chasista
1 minute ago, Idunno09 said:

Welcome to forums

Celebi {*} worth half pack as much. Never has seen competitive play.

Check public trades and you'll realise about actual prices of cards at every moment. For these not being widely traded or with a very low amount of traders, guides can help you to see if the only ones trading a card are trying to get benefit from being the only traders or they are in low values to try to get rid of cards that are not very desired. No matter what, guides are only a reference and you can find cheaper and more expensive most of the times.

Bol4Killer

I'm looking for UNB packs and willing to trade SSH for them in a ratio of 1.3 : 1
But it's kind of hard to find someone who accepts this, what makes me think it's worth more than this.

Idunno09
1 hour ago, Chasista said:

Welcome to forums

Celebi {*} worth half pack as much. Never has seen competitive play.

Check public trades and you'll realise about actual prices of cards at every moment. For these not being widely traded or with a very low amount of traders, guides can help you to see if the only ones trading a card are trying to get benefit from being the only traders or they are in low values to try to get rid of cards that are not very desired. No matter what, guides are only a reference and you can find cheaper and more expensive most of the times.

thank you, the reason i asked is because people are offering celebi prism stars for 1 pack but no one actually wants it. I got four and lots of other cards for just one lost thunder pack

also, yes im new to the forums(this is the first time i wrote anything on it😅

Once again thanks for the help.

• Like 1

iyado166

Nice contribution to the community . Congratulations and good luck

• Upvote 1

ChawkyV
On 4/25/2020 at 1:49 AM, Idunno09 said:

Will add more cards in a few days with the Rebel Clash stuff

and like Chasista said, Celebi Prism as with Most Prism are worth a pack or less with the exceptions beinh Victini (4-5), Shaymin (2), Ditto (2)  and a few others i might be forgetting

ChawkyV
On 4/25/2020 at 2:41 AM, Bol4Killer said:

I'm looking for UNB packs and willing to trade SSH for them in a ratio of 1.3 : 1
But it's kind of hard to find someone who accepts this, what makes me think it's worth more than this.

I'm seeing people offer and accept Unb for SwSh 5:4 which equals 1.2:1 and it might drop a little more after Rebel Clash is released

hunter328

Where would I find value info on Ultra Prism Drifblims?  I need 3.

Chasista
1 hour ago, hunter328 said:

Where would I find value info on Ultra Prism Drifblims?  I need 3.

They are uncommon. All three don't' worth even a pack. Offer any other 3 uncommon cards in exchange in a trade or a couple trades of two and one or three separate trades of one card and won't be hard to get as long as anybody sees the trade. That would be the harder point when talking about cards nobody is searching or wanting so offer "desirable" uncommon cards in exchange. I would trade it for other uncommons myself if I had any copy of them.

hunter328
On 4/28/2020 at 6:29 PM, Chasista said:

They are uncommon. All three don't' worth even a pack. Offer any other 3 uncommon cards in exchange in a trade or a couple trades of two and one or three separate trades of one card and won't be hard to get as long as anybody sees the trade. That would be the harder point when talking about cards nobody is searching or wanting so offer "desirable" uncommon cards in exchange. I would trade it for other uncommons myself if I had any copy of them.

Ok, great advice!  I hadn’t even considered the fact that it’s hard to find certain cards for trade because no one who knows what they’re doing even thinks to look for or offer them, but thinking back it makes sense as they only time I often find some cards are as part of a large group of cards where they’re not even mentioned in the description.  Thank you for this.  
I’m still pretty new to the game( you probably guessed that since I’m looking for cards nobody wants) and learning the trading system is almost like learning a separate game in itself.  Your guide here has been immensely helpful as well, so thank you for that, too.

WingsofFire1014
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hunter328 said:

Ok, great advice!  I hadn’t even considered the fact that it’s hard to find certain cards for trade because no one who knows what they’re doing even thinks to look for or offer them, but thinking back it makes sense as they only time I often find some cards are as part of a large group of cards where they’re not even mentioned in the description.  Thank you for this.  
I’m still pretty new to the game( you probably guessed that since I’m looking for cards nobody wants) and learning the trading system is almost like learning a separate game in itself.  Your guide here has been immensely helpful as well, so thank you for that, too.

Oh yes my friend. The infamous trade market. Never ceases to amuse the veteran, but can often leave the newer in a shocked state.

When looking for common/uncommon cards, you'll almost never find trades for them, unless you see one of those bulk trades. If you want any specific lower rarity cards, you'll often have to set up your own trade, and it can be hard to determine their value.

Always, always, check this price guide for example, or other trades to make sure you aren't being scammed. If you need something quick, don't overpay to get it. Make a fair trade and let the one who has a keen eye for good/fair trades come through for you 😉

This guide is immensely helpful not to mention amazing. I can't tell you how many times I have used it already.

@hunter328, it took me like 3-8 months to understand the market. I am far from mastering it and don't see how one can ever fully know what to expect. It truly is a game within a game, and the game within the game, is the game that lets you enjoy the actual game the best.

One of a kind thread @ChawkyV. You're doing great.

Edited by WingsofFire1014
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bol4Killer

Boss' Order price: 97329812
Dragapult VMAX price: 99999999999999999999999999

*sitting & crying*

• Like 1

ChawkyV
On 5/1/2020 at 11:39 PM, WingsofFire1014 said:

One of a kind thread @ChawkyV. You're doing great.

I'm really glad this was helpful to at least a few people, i am doing my best to keep updated

On 5/2/2020 at 6:42 AM, Bol4Killer said:

*sitting & crying*

RC cards are still hard to price in 1:1 values since RC pack value is still unstable, i will try to put starting prices on them thou and then update them as time go on

ChawkyV
On 5/2/2020 at 6:42 AM, Bol4Killer said:

*sitting & crying*

Just added some starting prices for Rebel Clash Vs, FAs and SR Trainers (still haven't added SR Pokemon for the lack of data on certain ones like SLs from Call of Legends), these prices are accoring to the current market and are bound to change soon (most likely dropped)

• Upvote 1

Bol4Killer

Big thanks! This is very helpful 🙂

• Upvote 1