[CARD] Bug or misunderstanding the rules?

Parnfarny

Obstagoon's Obstruct attack: During your opponents next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from basic Pokémon.

Rowlet and AlolanExeggutor's Tropical Hour GX attack: if this Pokémon has at least three extra energy attached to it your opponent shuffles all energy from all of their Pokémon into their deck.

My opponent used Obstruct and the next turn I used Tropical Hour with three extra energy attached but no Energy were discarded from Obstagoon or their benched Sableye V. Since the text says “prevent all damage” and not “prevent all effects” shouldn’t the energy have been shuffled?

By what you say, I guess it should have been all shuffled into they deck.

But without knowing what else was in play or what cards were played, we can't say this is a bug yet. We would need to check the log to be sure so, in case you find the issue again, save the game log and paste it here (only the first part 'Game log' is needed, all 'Debug info' is useless for us in the forums although if you would send the log to support, both parts should be sent).

You can save Log while in game opening the upper right tab and clicking Save/Paste in the green button down (Log saved until that moment of the game) or at the end of the game, in the third button of the summary screen (whole game log).

The more often, we miss something played or in play so the best is to try to reproduce the bug again.

15 hours ago, Parnfarny said:

Obstagoon's Obstruct attack: During your opponents next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from basic Pokémon.

Rowlet and AlolanExeggutor's Tropical Hour GX attack: if this Pokémon has at least three extra energy attached to it your opponent shuffles all energy from all of their Pokémon into their deck.

My opponent used Obstruct and the next turn I used Tropical Hour with three extra energy attached but no Energy were discarded from Obstagoon or their benched Sableye V. Since the text says “prevent all damage” and not “prevent all effects” shouldn’t the energy have been shuffled?

Hello @Parnfarny

Thank you for reporting this possible bug to us. 

The fellow trainer Chasista is right. A game log could be very useful in this case. 

Please update this thread with a game log when you run into this situation again.