dominikhale

Can't install the game

dominikhale

So I got the installer from the official page and downloaded it into my downloads folder, when I try to run it it says it can't access "USER_PROFILE"

It wont let me install the game

Chasista

You need to remove first all the Pokémon data from your computer.

Assuming Windows 10 🙄 Remember, the more data you give, the easier to find the right answers and faster 😉

Go to Control panel > Uninstall a program > PokémonTCGO --> Delete

Go to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData 

AppData folder may be hidden in your computer by default.

Check LocalLow and remove the ThePokemonCompanyInternational

Check Roaming and remove the ThePokemonCompanyInternational (if there)

Go back to AppData and use the search box to find any "Poke" or "Pokemon" realted file, to be sure nothing remains. If anything remains, delete it too. Notice some folders could appear although being the ones above you previously removed. This can happen until you restart your computer. If this happen, the message you'll get will be kind of "Unable to delete" or "Can't find the files/route".

Delete all Recycle bin content.

Restart your computer.

Download the last Pokemon-msi installer. Install as normal.

I found User profile problem several times in the past and yet the game crashes for no reason (for some graphics or loading error) once every while and make me reinstall again. The above always works for me.

• Like 1

dominikhale
3 minutes ago, Chasista said:

Assuming Windows 10 🙄 Remember, the more data you give, the easier to find the right answers and faster 😉

Go back to AppData and use the search box to find any "Poke" or "Pokemon" realted file, to be sure nothing remains. If anything remains, delete it too. Notice some folders could appear although being the ones above you previously removed. This can happen until you restart your computer. If this happen, the message you'll get will be kind of "Unable to delete" or "Can't find the files/route".

Restart your computer.

I found User profile problem several times in the past and yet the game crashes for no reason (for some graphics or loading error) once every while and make me reinstall again. The above always works for me.

Thanks bud

• Like 1

Chasista

Your welcome.

Let's expect this works for you as it works for me.

Let us know is success and have fun! 😊

Mod_GuruLot
On 2/17/2020 at 12:25 PM, Chasista said:

Your welcome.

Let's expect this works for you as it works for me.

Let us know is success and have fun! 😊

Hello Chasista, 

Thank you for helping out the fellow trainer Dominikhale with your helpful tip! :) 

iioanin
On 2/17/2020 at 10:47 AM, Chasista said:

Restart your computer.

Hey man, I have a similar problem! I have already done everything you said but I still didn't manage to make it work... I would love solve this :)

Chasista
3 minutes ago, iioanin said:

Hey man, I have a similar problem! I have already done everything you said but I still didn't manage to make it work... I would love solve this :)

Sad to know.

The only I can say is maybe you forgot to do some of the things, or I forgot to write some, also possible!

I'd try again, maybe changing the Control panel option just in case works with Change/Repair or whatever different. Manually finding the folder containing the game and Deleting, can also work. Is same as Control panel but yet will appear in the program lists until refresh or restart. The bad thing doing manually is some empty folder can be kept in the computer for example and some other won't be allowed to erase until restart so it's longer and you need to remember where the data were.

Trying a 3rd part program erasing/cleaning the computer program can be also an option to try.

Either way in this moment if you try again and doesn't work, sending a ticket to Support is your more easy viable way to proceed imo.

____

Once I entered into the Windows registry to find all the Pokémon related lines to erase them myself when Support was not able to give me clues about how to solve the problem after 2 or 3 days of messages crossing,  BUT, I DON'T RECOMMEND TO DO IT if you don't have some informatics knowledge. Don't need to be very advanced knowledge but the Windows registry is what makes the computer work and delete anything by mistake can make having to reinstall the whole operating system again from 0 (and then all the programs and updates). I totally encourage no one to try this method if they never heard about Windows registry before. I can't guide no one through this process as I don't remember how exactly did it and of course I won't be responsible for any damage done to any equipment if someone tries the method after reading this lines, doesn't care if having informatics knowledge or don't.