What deck should i buy with 500 coins?

XxFuriousxX

Hi. Welcome.

You should keep in mind that getting at least one of every Theme deck it's a goal to have a large pool of cards where to choose from at custom buildings, specially the last ones if you are interested in playing Standard. But it's also a long term goal so getting a good Theme to play and grind a bit should come first.

To me the best Theme to play is Towering Heights. Relentless flame is also very good. Rillaboom deck is pretty nice. Unseen depths is pretty good too.

And then we enter the weakness round: Water (Inteleon and Unseen depths) counters fire (Relentless flame and Cinderace). Rillaboom counters some of the Towering heights pokémon although not all of them but falls easily against fire decks. On the other side it can beat the water decks easier (hey, some Unseen depths pokes are weak to lighting so, not a disaster). Storm caller counters Unseen depths hard tho.

I would get any of the above coloured before getting Laser focus (Necrozma's) unless you're interested in getting the 2x Mysterious treasure and 2-2 Malamar for your custom decks. I think you can wait for that.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, XxFuriousxX said:

i will take Towering Heights seems interesting and i love groudon,ty for your answer ❤️

Hello @XxFuriousxX

Welcome to the forum! :) 

It's nice to hear you got a useful response. 

I second the Towering Heights deck.  Haven't actually used it online myself,  but I've faced it several times while playing IRL, and it beats me almost every time.   Its biggest strength I'd say is that it has plenty of powerful hand-management cards, so you'll easily be able to keep a large hand with plenty of options, and easily get what you want when you need it.  It's great at counterattacking too.  Got two different pokemon that get considerably boosted if any of your benched pokemon have damage counters,  and one that gets a HUGE boost when you still have more prize cards remaining than your opponent.

I've also found Soaring Storm to be pretty powerful.  BUUUT it's also kind of gimmicky.  All the extra steps you need to take in a turn to get its full power make the game last longer, and make it less enjoyable to play IMO, and might make it a bit more difficult to use for someone new to the game.

Blazing Volcano is also a good deck to get at some point.  Its biggest strength is its Magcargo, whose ability allows you to search for any card you like and move it to the top of your deck,  so as long as you're not forced to either shuffle or discard from the deck before your next draw,  you can summon whatever you want.   Towering Heights would probably be a better option for a first deck.  But the cards contained in BV could be used to make an extremely powerful Expanded deck, once you're ready to start customizing.

Edited by Vinderex
  • Like 1

I have to say when I tested Inteleon deck was meeeh.

But then I just played against, me with TH, and yes, I had almost nothing in hand and opponent got everything fast. But can totally destroy a lot of strategies and can hit 100 for 2 energies. If you get Inteleon in play fast enough (and have 3 P research), can crash anything. Yet I think doesn't flow as good as some of the previous recommended but can be a next contender. To know, weakness is not to grass but to lighting (Soaring storm, Storm caller) and Soaring storm is seen often lately. But also hits hard to RF and BV, two of the best.

As said by Vinderex, Soaring storm it's almost unstoppable once set up, but can really be a pain to set up and need some skills.

Inteleon's really enters in the possible list of decks once you already have bought the best of the above.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1