Turn 1 Supporter

bashemz

Rules are rules.

I'd only question if this applies to Supporters who specify using them on the first turn when you go first. But with Wally banned... what ones are left that say that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 10:19 AM, Mult said:

Should this rule remain in Legacy, I don't know. No new sets appear there, so new rules shouldn't get either.

If the Legacy Format used the rules from when those cards were released:

• Player 1 could attack on their first turn.
  • Pokémon Catcher wouldn't require a coin flip.

So it would be inconsistent for them to ignore rule changes and/or errata from Formats that allow only current cards.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:15 PM, Otakutron said:

If the Legacy Format used the rules from when those cards were released:

• Player 1 could attack on their first turn.
  • Pokémon Catcher wouldn't require a coin flip.

So it would be inconsistent for them to ignore rule changes and/or errata from Formats that allow only current cards.

I thought they implemented the rules with Legendary Treasures.

3 hours ago, Mult said:

I thought they implemented the rules with Legendary Treasures.

Far point to bring up, but I think that is a technicality.  Why?

Players in Japan had the XY-era rules implemented almost four months after their equivalent set to Legendary Treasures.  It is just TPC and TPCi decided to release the first XY-era product on the same day... which for us meant the Kalos Starter Set (a series of three Theme Decks) released alongside Legendary Treasures.

The Legacy Format wasn't designed as a true time capsule, just as a place where we could still use older cards without them having to compete with the most recent stuff.  Giving the Legacy Format its own rules would probably just kill it; not only would it likely discourage new players from picking it up, but it would make it so that the Dev Team were practically working on a second Pokémon TCG Online game.

• Upvote 1