New-ish player looking for tips/recommendation for a Dragon deck

Vinderex

Hello everyone!

So, I'm attempting to make a deck consisting primarily of Dragon types,  the problem with that of course is the energy requirements since dragons generally require more than one type, but I think I have an idea in mind that would get past that limitation and make a reasonably powerful deck.

So here's what I have in mind so far:

• 4 Double Dragon energy, for obvious reasons (if I've heard correctly, 4 is the limit for one type of special energy.  Correct me if I'm wrong. lol)
  • 4 Counter Energy.  Like the Dragon energy, this would also provide a double rainbow so long as I'm at a disadvantage, and would still be useful as colorless energy once I've taken the lead.
  • 4 Weakness Guard energy.  This would deal with the obvious problem of my deck being easily countered by Fairy types
  • 4-8 Basic energy.  Not entirely sure which specific energy I'd use here, though I'm leaning towards either Fire or Fighting type.

Pokemon I'd DEFINITELY include:

• Slugma and Magcargo.  Magcargo would be used solely for its Smooth Over ability, letting me get the cards I need more easily.  Ideally it would remain in my bench and never have be used as my active pokemon,  so it wouldn't necessarily need any energy attached to it, though it would still be useful in a pinch if I'm forced to make it active.
  • Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o and Kommo-o GX.   Kommo-o is my favorite pokemon, so of course I HAVE to have him

Pokemon I'm also considering including, in no particular order:

• Noibat and Novern, maybe also Noivern GX.  Not entirely sure which specific Noivern, though it would definitely be one that doesn't discard energy when attacking.  I'm leaning towards either the one from the XY trainer kit,  or XY Furious Fists.  The Echolocation ability would allow it to last longer. And its attacks that cause confusion and/or attack the entire team would both be pretty threatening.
  • Bagon, Shelgon and Salamence.  Again I'd avoid the ones that need to discard energy to attack.  Probably would use the Celestial Storm Salamence for its Dragon Wind ability,  or alternatively might use the one with the Scornful Storm ability.
  • Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon.  With some versions of them requiring only Fighting energy,  they'd still be viable even without the use of Double Dragon or Counter energy.  Sand Tomb would also be useful for trapping the opponent.
  • Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon.  Specifically the Hydreigon with the Consume and Destructor Beam attacks would be useful both for its ability to heal itself and damage the opponent's energy while also dealing decent damage.

Trainer cards would consist of a few Nest and Timer balls which would be used for obtaining Slugma and Magcargo as soon as possible,  and then primarily consist of cards such as Hau or Bug Catcher that simply allow me to draw more cards from my deck, allowing me to immediately obtain the card moved to the top by Magcargo's Smooth Over ability.  I'd also include one or two Cynthias to save me once I've built up a large hand and have reached the end of my deck,  and lastly, I'd fill whatever room I have remaining with Pokemon Center Lady.

So yeah.  Would anyone happen to have any input or recommendations?

before you make deals look at the dragon types from xy they are underrated. As for the energies i would do fire/water. make sure you get the double dragon energies and salamence/salamance ex/gx/hollows

😁hopes this helps as for i like dragon types.