BigJohn123

HELP

BigJohn123

Hello, I am totally new to this Pokémon trading game. My kids come home one day and started talking about Pokémon cards. Which when I was little I used to play Pokémon on Gameboy.

Are all stage 1,2 pokemon rares? or am I able to buy normal playing cards and worry about getting collectable in the future? 

I recently went and bought like 8 boosters and 2 theme decks and a 200(100 of them are energy) random Pokémon deck online from amazon.

I need some assistance on finding/ideas of building a playable deck that has stages in there.

BigJohn123

also to find more stage 1 and 2 do I need to buy all rare combos?

SandaledOtter
13 minutes ago, BigJohn123 said:

also to find more stage 1 and 2 do I need to buy all rare combos?

If you buy bundles from random sellers on A->zon, be very cautious. Many of those will be advertised without using the word Pokemon, and about 109% of those will be fake. Identifying the fakes won't be easy until you see the real ones. They will be printed with foil, but without the foil patterns seen in the real cards. These are fine to use at home with your kids, but you should avoid taking them to your local shop on game night.

Nearly all Pokemon which evolve will have the higher stages be rares than the lower ones, but there will be at least 1 rare and uncommon in every 10-card booster. The theme decks will always get you the same cards, and the... I think they're called "build and battle" packs now... will have some rares and evolution lines in them.

Ah, I hear dishes clattering, gotta go!

BigJohn123
2 minutes ago, SandaledOtter said:

If you buy bundles from random sellers on A->zon, be very cautious. Many of those will be advertised without using the word Pokemon, and about 109% of those will be fake. Identifying the fakes won't be easy until you see the real ones. They will be printed with foil, but without the foil patterns seen in the real cards. These are fine to use at home with your kids, but you should avoid taking them to your local shop on game night.

Nearly all Pokemon which evolve will have the higher stages be rares than the lower ones, but there will be at least 1 rare and uncommon in every 10-card booster. The theme decks will always get you the same cards, and the... I think they're called "build and battle" packs now... will have some rares and evolution lines in them.

Ah, I hear dishes clattering, gotta go!

ok thank you for the advice. local shop for game night? didn't even know shops have those lol.

from wat I seen and from the reviews (which I am reading before buying) they are legit cards. I also looked up on how to look for fakes.

so, in order to get the next stages I need to buy rare+ pokemon?

Catvenam

If you want specific cards/pricing go to *************. Your Local game store will probably have a pokemon league a sorta not serious practice space for all here is a link to event finder. There are also events such as tournaments and prereleases, I would suggest going to a prerelease it will give some good cards and evolution lines. https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/find-an-event/

And if you need the rules this is a little tutorial: https://www.pokemontcg.com/en-us/how-to-play/

Good luck!

Edited by Catvenam
Link weirdness