Sign in to follow this  
Mielekki

Bench barrier bug?

Mielekki

Pretty new to pokemon tcg online and am not 100% familiar with all of the game mechanics.

I was playing in the expanded player vs player format against a gengar focus psychic deck.  I had a mew on my bench with the bench barrier skill and when the opponent used gourgeist eerie voice to put 2 damage counters on all of my pokemon it was able to put the counters on my benched pokemon.   Is this a bug? 

I copied the game log to the clipboard... not quite sure how to add that.

Thanks!

Opponent gave me the answer... damage counters are not the same as damage so it goes through. 

Learned something new.  Sorry for the post.

Edited by Mielekki
Obtained more information

Chasista

Damage from an attack is different than placing damage counters. Damage from an attack is direct, and placing damage counters is an effect of an attack. Is not damage although at the end makes the same. But in a different way. This is working as intended as Mew protects from Damage from attacks.

To protect from damage counters have to say: 'opponent's attacks can't place damage counters...' (like Machoke GRI 64).

To add a log, just select the Eye button (spoiler) in the format editor here, and then just (right button) Paste (or ConTRoL+V) the text in here.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 2

Mielekki

Thank you for the quick reply! 

• Like 1

Chasista

You're welcome.

Added explanation about the logs for if you need to bring any in future cases.

• Like 1

Mod_GuruLot
17 hours ago, Mielekki said:

Thank you for the quick reply! 

Hello @Mielekki

It's nice to hear that the reply from the fellow trainer Chasista on this topic was useful for you!  :) 

Sign in to follow this