[ACCOUNT] Cannot Log In

Obert13

I have been trying to log in for the past or so now. First I tried to recover my account cause i havent played for a year. Once doing so i tried to log in and the game said "Authentication Error, Wrong Log in or Pawword". So i reset my password (for the second time today). After resetting my password i copy and pasted it to my notepad just to make sure im not gonna type it wrong. But the same error message is produced  "Authentication Error, Wrong Log in or Pawword". I dont want to reset my password again so i googled a fix and saw this link (https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/22232-authorization-failure/) but it did not work for me. I dont know what to do now

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:58 AM, Obert13 said:

I have been trying to log in for the past or so now. First I tried to recover my account cause i havent played for a year. Once doing so i tried to log in and the game said "Authentication Error, Wrong Log in or Pawword". So i reset my password (for the second time today). After resetting my password i copy and pasted it to my notepad just to make sure im not gonna type it wrong. But the same error message is produced  "Authentication Error, Wrong Log in or Pawword". I dont want to reset my password again so i googled a fix and saw this link (https://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/22232-authorization-failure/) but it did not work for me. I dont know what to do now

Hello @Obert13

I'm sorry to hear you run into this authentication error. 

To clarify what it's due to, I'm quoting here what the ToS say:

7. PLAYER TRAINER CLUB ACCOUNTS. In order to access some features of the Service, you will need to create a Pokémon Trainer Club account (“PTC Account”). If you elect to create a PTC Account, use a PTC Account to sign up for other portions of the Service (such as PTCGO, Play! Pokémon, or Pokémon Global Link), or authenticate your identity on 3rd party-operated services (such as Pokémon GO, TCGO forums, and Pokémon's customer service portal), you agree to:

(iii) Only maintain one PTC Account.

Hope this helps!

For more information on how to create an account or regain access to yours if you already have one, please submit a ticket to our support team clicking this link so that they can assist you further. 

16 hours ago, Obert13 said:

Hello @Obert13!

Welcome to the forum! Have you verified that you are using the correct username with your new password? If so, do you run into any problems signing into the pokemon.com website with those same credentials?

On 1/23/2020 at 10:57 AM, Mod_RedDragon said:

Hello @Obert13!

Welcome to the forum! Have you verified that you are using the correct username with your new password? If so, do you run into any problems signing into the pokemon.com website with those same credentials?

Hi,

Thanks to both mods for responding.

I have given it 3 days for the account issues to cooldown and have since reset my password permanently but to no sucess to quote Mod_GuruLot I also have checked and know that I only have 1 account. I will try submit a ticket

On 1/26/2020 at 6:27 AM, Obert13 said:

Hi,

Thanks to both mods for responding.

I have given it 3 days for the account issues to cooldown and have since reset my password permanently but to no sucess to quote Mod_GuruLot I also have checked and know that I only have 1 account. I will try submit a ticket

Hello @Obert13,

Were you able to get some assistance with your login issue with the support team?