Jump to content

Reacting to upcoming Sword and Shield TCG Balance issues


sterlingW
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

Upcoming Sword and Shield TCG Card Balance issues

Honest positive & negative feedback is welcome

The Pokemon TCGO staff are just doing good job on keeping game alive ********** we get some constant features update like it did in 2009~2014) and they just there follow what Pokemon TCG Card Makers and Rule Makers do.

The main concern are the Pokemon TCG Card Makers staffs and TCG Rule Makers.  The TCG Community voice the suggestion to tone down by balancing the card game, but it was ignored or person/user was restricted.

Their goal to add these restrictions was to boost their own business coming from new cards like Uber-fast like acceleration strategy.High Damage/High HP VMAX and GX not to  balance cards for the community resulting in loss of keeping high population  playing in Pokemon TCG and  TCG Online. This would of been simply prevented if they balance out.

 

Now they distant them self away from the show/video game by removing fairy type.

You must be nuts to support their direction of TCG Business future rather the keeping the community game play balance. The word i am  looking at this TCG Card Makers/Rule Makers direction is "Very Absurd" in all ways

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless any of us are on any part of the staff that has any influence to the game, this can't be proven.

 

But, it can be true (don't get me wrong). It just isn't fair for us to do this to them whether they are trying to loot out money or are really trying to improve the game. We have no idea how much testing for these rule changes has been done (if any).

 

You (as in anybody who happens to read this post), shouldn't walk away from the game before you even have a chance to see how the changes work out.

 

First impressions, although they may sometimes be good, are often rushed.

 

In a way, I am on both sides. I am willing to give it a shot (not saying that any of us aren't).

 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a long time player, a lot of this is just a matter of waiting it out, assuming it does break bad, and appreciating it while it last, if it turns out well.  Because we've been through this stuff over and over again.

 

I mean, I enjoy talking about what I think would improve the game, but it seems most likely - given the Pokémon TCG business model - most folks buying packs (or having packs bought for them) neither truly play nor collect.  Its just an easy "Pokémon product" for the kiddos.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Otakutron said:

From a long time player, a lot of this is just a matter of waiting it out, assuming it does break bad, and appreciating it while it last, if it turns out well.  Because we've been through this stuff over and over again.

 

I mean, I enjoy talking about what I think would improve the game, but it seems most likely - given the Pokémon TCG business model - most folks buying packs (or having packs bought for them) neither truly play nor collect.  Its just an easy "Pokémon product" for the kiddos.

Not same stuff over again this - balance & rules changes clearly direct more on the  benefits side for the business coming from those "vx/gx and uber strategies  It greatly affect Pokemon TCGO playerbase which explain why been seeing the same people over again fighting them same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I certainly don't agree with a lot of decisions regarding the direction of the game (both in terms of general TCG, as well as TCGO), one can't deny that TPCI is still making profit and from a neutral perspective that is all that matters in the end.

 

I also wonder when you / your opinions become “the TCG community”, because quite frankly the negative voices seem to be in the minority (yet, as usual those are the voices that cry out the loudest, because if you don't have anything to complain about you stay silent and enjoy the game).

 

Lastly, I do believe that TPCI should invest more to make the game more acceptable to new players,without derailing from their business model. With that being said, the game is pretty balanced on a competitive level. In fact I think since the latest expansion we've seen more decks / archetype variants making it into top 8/16 then we did during the entire S&M era (just a gut feeling of mine).

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, sterlingW said:

Not same stuff over again this - balance & rules changes clearly direct more on the  benefits side for the business coming from those "vx/gx and uber strategies  It greatly affect Pokemon TCGO playerbase which explain why been seeing the same people over again fighting them same thing.

 

For the record, while there are gaps where I was inactive, I've been playing since 1999.  When I did sit things out for a bit, I would do at least a little research on what I missed.  For that matter, I've researched things I didn't technically miss but was unaware of, because the local metagame of my home Pokémon League in the early 2000s was dramatically different than what you'd find among competitive players.

 

Pokémon recycles non-core game mechanics pretty frequently:

  • Pokémon-ex => Pokémon-EX => Pokémon-GX => Pokémon V
  • Pokémon Lv.X => Pokémon Break
  • Pokémon LEGEND => TAG TEAM Pokémon
  • Shining Pokémon (Neo-era) => Pokémon [Star] => Pokémon {*}
  • Ace Spec => Prism Star Trainer cards

Now, the above all count as distinct mechanics for interactions, but one can see how they were recycling concepts, even if they were revising them as they went.

 

Though I suppose we're both really talking about the overall player experience, and I still stand by what I said.  Good or bad, the game keeps chugging along.  I'm actually quite frustrated with some long time game design decisions, like the approach to balancing going first versus going second.  Hint: This ain't the first time they've taken something away to "balance" going first versus going second... I expect about as much success as before.

 

Keeping a moderately positive mindset, however, is how you enjoy the game without being a pain for everyone else... and believe me, when I forget that, I can be a very big pain indeed. XP You don't have to say everything is perfect; in fact, I think poorly of those who make such a preposterous claim.  It really would help, though, if you took more time in writing your posts, sterlingW.  They aren't exactly easy to read, even if you've got a good reason for why.

Edited by Otakutron
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Felidae_ said:

because quite frankly the negative voices seem to be in the minority (yet, as usual those are the voices that cry out the loudest, because if you don't have anything to complain about you stay silent and enjoy the game).

That seem incorrect calling users the minority despite a large playerbase in Pokmon TCGO player base is gone as the truthful balanced people said before everytime they change something differently to help their business. 

It pretty clear the minority are the one enjoying this absurd direction from Pokemon TCG business and likely side with those cheap game play strategies rather than going for superior balance play and keeping more balanced players playing. Their logic in card balance seem to be off.

Edited by sterlingW
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sterlingW said:

That seem incorrect calling users the minority despite a large playerbase in Pokmon TCGO player base is gone as the truthful balanced people said before everytime they change something differently to help their business. 
 

Do you have numbers of active users and their decay over the period of X months / years to back this claim up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Felidae_ said:

Do you have numbers of active users and their decay over the period of X months / years to back this claim up?

You have to be a active user to notice it. I mean you told us the minority was one crying despite minority are the people supporting this direction of cheap gameplay to suppress the majority of balance players. No even claims.


It is what it is. Again let what happens after few weeks of the "big different tcg change"...how many will quit and how many will stay.

Edited by sterlingW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...