Chasista

Pack values when SwSh released?

Chasista

Hi.

Just seeing lately a weird pattern (to me) in the pack "values"

We could agree that now, both CEC and UNB values are set at 1: CEC 'cause being the newer pack of market and UNB 'cause containing Dedenne-GX. Although IMO, the pack that gives you more valuable (to play) cards because of the main cores of the Meta decks is full of them, is UNM, but that's a different story.

So as I was telling, lately I'm seeing Bonds is "harder" to get than Cosmic. Lots of (ridiculous?) trades offering 1 Bonds, getting 2 Cosmic, or 2B<->3C, or 2B<->4C... Cards of certain value costing 5B but then 6C or 7C, etcetera.

Is people stockpiling Bonds because they will keep the 1 value when SwSh arrive and we will dismiss the 1 of Cosmic in favour of SwSh?

Do you think is any probability of Cosmic keeping the value 1 as UNB have? Personally, I don't, but to me is too soon to reject CEC yet.

And do you think the new release will bring so different strategies as to UNB will loose the 1 value?

Any "changing of sets" expert wise trader can shed some light on the matter? 😋

Thanks!

Edited by Chasista
Typing errors

WingsofFire1014

Hey, Look. I am NO expert wise trainer but I can give my two cents.

You might and might not be right as there are valid points for each side. But, that doesn't mean that you won't be able to trade 2-3 CSC packs for a SwSh pack if what your saying happens to hold up. There could be a slight chance that UNB is just having one of those rate or staple peaks. Especially since a whole new set, not to mention a whole new series is being released. Once the set is released and everybody obtains the new staples, along with the ones they still need from UNB, the value could decrease. 

Usually, the latest set released before a new set holds value before another NEW set is released. But, like you said, the playability is in favor of UNB so it is hard to determine. I just kind of expanded off of your opinions as I feel that there is currently no TRUE answer or opinion 😀

• Upvote 1

Chasista

Thank you for the input.

Reading my post again, I edited some words because I made some typing errors. Now the "different story" have some sense (as I wrote a B instead of an M by mistake)

Also I use to review the post to check the censor but in this case just didn't realised about a long asterisks line.

Mod_GuruLot
11 hours ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

Hey, Look. I am NO expert wise trainer but I can give my two cents.

You might and might not be right as there are valid points for each side. But, that doesn't mean that you won't be able to trade 2-3 CSC packs for a SwSh pack if what your saying happens to hold up. There could be a slight chance that UNB is just having one of those rate or staple peaks. Especially since a whole new set, not to mention a whole new series is being released. Once the set is released and everybody obtains the new staples, along with the ones they still need from UNB, the value could decrease. 

Usually, the latest set released before a new set holds value before another NEW set is released. But, like you said, the playability is in favor of UNB so it is hard to determine. I just kind of expanded off of your opinions as I feel that there is currently no TRUE answer or opinion 😀

Hello @WingsofFire1014

Thank you for helping the fellow trainer Chasista with your useful tips! :) 

RedGhost_
9 hours ago, Chasista said:

Thank you for the input.

Reading my post again, I edited some words because I made some typing errors. Now the "different story" have some sense (as I wrote a B instead of an M by mistake)

Also I use to review the post to check the censor but in this case just didn't realised about a long asterisks line.

People are stockpiling UNB, expecting it to hold value as a standard pack going forward, especially with the increase in Dedenne and the loss of T1 supporters.

CE doesn't have anything meta defining and has finally crashed, destined to be a 0.5-0.7 set like many others.

• Like 1

Chasista
2 hours ago, RedGhost_ said:

People are stockpiling UNB, expecting it to hold value as a standard pack going forward, especially with the increase in Dedenne and the loss of T1 supporters.

CE doesn't have anything meta defining and has finally crashed, destined to be a 0.5-0.7 set like many others.

@RedGhost_ Awesome. Thank you. It's a bit what I thought. I didn't thought tho about the T1 Supporter rule and Dedenne. Will never get them if they continue this way 😢

WingsofFire1014

So in closing, the competitive value of one set determines its fate. 

How about this

Guardians Rising= Great set. But, since rotated.

Unbroken Bonds= Great set. But, will soon be rotated.

Forbidden Light= Recent set that includes some great cards cards but not to much else.

Crimson Invasion= Sadness (at this point).

Chasista
13 hours ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

So in closing, the competitive value of one set determines its fate. 

How about this

Guardians Rising= Great set. But, since rotated.

Unbroken Bonds= Great set. But, will soon be rotated.

Forbidden Light= Recent set that includes some great cards cards but not to much else.

Crimson Invasion= Sadness (at this point).

Is not the set, is one card each era with a skyrocket price, because being incredible useful and playable in (almost) any Meta deck, no matter the type or other factors. Becomes an expensive card and everyone need it to play competitive, to the point that business is guaranteed.

I was not there when Black and white and Plasma blast seems to me the best set, because of Virizion and Genesect. Not for nothing, VirGen won Worlds, right? But is Plasma freeze the one that keeps yet 1, or even higher rate, because of containing the SR of the incredible Ultraball (and yes, there were 4 UB in any deck, no matter what, and yet use to be some in most Expanded decks).

It was Shaymin EX in XY era and Roaring skies kept the 1 for very long. Also contained the SR Vs seeker and the colourless M Ray, but the success was for Shaymin even being Phantom forces the best set of the era because all of the playable cards included (Night march comes from it and the comeback of Vs Seekers too).

It was Lele GX in SUM era and GUR kept the one even after several new set releases. Also including Drampa GX and Lycanroc GX, yet the hero was Lele although the best set was maybe BUS? I remember had a ton of interesting cards (Golisopod GX for another variation of Zoro decks, Gardevoir GX, Guzma, Acerola, Kiawe...) and later on TEU (PikaKrom) until the arriving of UNM, with Mew3. All of them very good but Until the rotation of Lele, yet GUR kept their high value and others doesn't because the main hitters change at every new deck invented but Lele could yet be in all of them.

And now it's UNB because of Dedenne. And until they release a new engine like the above mentioned, UNB will keep a high value, close to the last set released (after stabilization of the initial hype).

About GUR, see above. In addition, the new rule is going to hurt the viability of Lele at the start of the game (as the rule it's for Expanded too, right?)

UNB, is the Dedenne one. Is not the rotation after Worlds? It will be valuable until then. yet will worth a lot for a while.

FLi, never had anything good (and I love Ultra Necrozma, but never got to fight really in the big meta).

CRi Buzzwole GX was the only attraction of the set so never went high in value and other decks appeared to rule the Meta with the release of new sets.