kodking

champion ship card decks, are they worth it

kodking

so i plan to buy the four 2019 championship decks. would they be worth it. also am i able to trade the cards online and use them in my own custom decks.

WingsofFire1014

Well here is the thing. It is ultimately up to you on how to spend your money, but I can give an opinion.

The World Championship decks are full of great cards, but they aren't necessarily real in a way. The cards that are supposed to have texture don't and the cards all have a separate back from normal Pokemon cards to show that they are not legal for tournament play.

With the code online, I believe that you just get a deck box, sleeves, and a coin that are all related to the World Championships of that specific year.

So, they are basically only worth it for practicing with friends or family at home in real life.

Edited by WingsofFire1014

Raticate555

Get the list of all the cards and just make paper proxies of them. Put the paper inside a sleeve with a real card behind it, then play. The World Championship decks are only good for playing at home because no tournaments and as WingsofFire1014 said, the code does not do much (not entirely sure on this either so might have to recheck info).

Overall, don't get them if paper proxies can do the same thing. Put that money towards buying real cards of the deck you enjoyed the most.

Hope this helped!