Sign in to follow this  
formax_ashwin

[GAME] High data consumption

formax_ashwin

dear sir/ma,am

while playing the game  for a minimum for 30 minutes i have noticed that it consumes 2gb data due this i am unable to play.my data pack is limited and 2gb is just too much to spend pls fix this issue as soon as possible so that you may not lose another fan of pkmn tcg

Kiraes

Odd question, but did you notice while playing that not all of the card images were properly rendered at first? I think the game has to spend some amount of time downloading these.

formax_ashwin

but 

2 minutes ago, Kiraes said:

Odd question, but did you notice while playing that not all of the card images were properly rendered at first? I think the game has to spend some amount of time downloading these.

but stilll did you not notice that your data is getting consumed very fast

formax_ashwin
2 minutes ago, formax_ashwin said:

but 

i hope the admin sees to this issue cause i have limited data pack of 2gb per day i used 30 min yesterday and my data finished

Kiraes
4 minutes ago, formax_ashwin said:

but 

Admittedly, I am on a home connection with Comcast, so data consumption is not of greatest concern for me personally. That said, here is what I think is going on here from some of my observations, and any devs could be free to correct me if I'm off the mark:

1. The installer for PTCGO does not contain all (or any?) card images, as this would make the file significantly larger each time a new set comes out.

2. Because of this, when the game first starts up, there are no images of the cards available.

3. When a new card is viewed, the game client will try to download the card from the server and cache it so it can be referenced later.

4. Due to your first playthrough exposing you to a number of new cards, the client has to download a lot of images. This will consume a lot of bandwidth in your first few hours of play, and reduce bandwidth consumption as the cache of card images grows.

If there is a setting to not download the images, and just play with the bare text placeholders, this might allow for reducing bandwidth consumption for players with more limited ISPs, and in particular, those on mobile clients. I don't know if this is available. It would certainly make the game a little less fun if toggled on (because who doesn't like looking at all the full art GX pokemon?), but it would make it more playable for some players, such as yourself.

formax_ashwin

thanx for looking into it and i will continue to play today let me see if it consumes less

Edited by formax_ashwin

Mod_GuruLot
On 1/12/2020 at 4:58 AM, formax_ashwin said:

thanx for looking into it and i will continue to play today let me see if it consumes less

Hello @formax_ashwin

When you can, please update this thread with any result you obtained following the advice by the fellow trainer Kiraes. 

It could be interesting for the forum members to know if this information was useful. 

Thank you!

Sign in to follow this