Trainer45215422

R.I.P Fairy Type. Lets Talk about xD

Trainer45215422

As we all now Fairy type will not be longer supported in Sword and Shield Series in PTCGO. Lets talk about that, share your opinion about.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Raticate555

We lose one of our dearest and most beloved types. We will all remember Fairy for a different reason. Whether it be for the Meta Decks of Gardevoir, Gardevoir & Sylveon or Granbull for that short stint, the rogues of Rainbow Force & Xerneas BREAK or the unforgettable Sylveon Control, Fairy type shall always hold a special place in our hearts. All though it's life was short (since XY), it has provided a lifetime of memories.

Thank you for everything Fairy, you will not be forgotten.

• Upvote 1

Trainer45215422

In my opinion this is an big mistake and more big ABSURD made in all these years. If they are rid off a type why then created it, why made it and maintain it for 6 years. Ah do me an favor pls... But what we can do? And above all that action don't have an clear explanation, cause only say that  was made only to balance weakness this an absurd.

Otakutron

One of the "issues" with the Pokémon TCG is that their are either too few Types or too many.  How so?  While the TCG is merely an adaptation of (or inspired by) the video games, the places where it doesn't need to deviate as much are places where less work is required by PCL.  Well, maybe less work.  So, the fewer TCG Types that are composed of multiple VG Types, the less the relationships between the Types will need tweaking.

As for the game having too many Types, it is probably most apparent why that is a problem in the Limited and Theme Formats.  Balancing set composition is difficult.  It still matters for game design, though; it might be why Types don't have much in the way of true specialization, or at least, true specialization that proves competitive on a regular basis.  Having so many Types also makes it take that much longer to balance out each Type when it does get special support... if it is ever balanced out.

The video games introduced a new Type, and someone thought doing the same was a good idea for the TCG.  After two Generations, they've realized it wasn't a good idea, I guess.

Mod_GuruLot

Hello Trainers, 

Thank you for sharing your opinions on this.

Your feedback is useful and absolutely welcome! :) 

Chasista

I just realised no Fairys in the next set. I thought you were talking about no having good pokémon and/or support only.

What about DRAGON ??? Do we talk about too? 😂

SandaledOtter
30 minutes ago, Chasista said:

I just realised no Fairys in the next set. I thought you were talking about no having good pokémon and/or support only.

What about DRAGON ??? Do we talk about too? 😂

I don't see any 🐲, yeah. Those don't even have their own energy type, and if nothing has weakness or resistance to them, they're effectively gone.

Well, I'll be sure to use dragon and fairy box/sleeves for all my S&S decks.

Chasista
11 minutes ago, SandaledOtter said:

Well, I'll be sure to use dragon and fairy box/sleeves for all my S&S decks.

That's quite funny 🤣🤣

WingsofFire1014

We all know that Dragon Pokemon were released during the Black & White era. Once we hit the XY era, Dragon Pokemon were still around. Now, notice how we had no Dragon Pokemon in the first XY set... I know it seems weird but hey, keep that in mind.

Also, notice how originally Dragon Pokemon were weak to themselves... Can't that happen again? Also, have there ever been any Pokemon to even resist dragon?

Now, for the Dragon Pokemon that need Fairy energy to attack, I don't know. Most of those aren't even competitive so that helps a little.

Fairy will still be around in expanded for quite some time I'm sure, but once the rotation happens, expect Fairy energy to be banned in standard.

Fun Fact: Fairy was Always one of my least favorite types 😄

Edited by WingsofFire1014

Velking

The game visual is outdated

Removing the trainee store

Removing Fairy type

What's next? Removing the full arts? Demanding money to enter tournaments? I don't know but the game should be better with time, not worse. Sadly the Pokemon Company doesn't give a **** about the PTCGO, all the suggestions and complains gets the same response * passing your suggestion to the development team* and NOTHING changes.

I'm playing GWENT and it's much better, They're adding more things with time and not removing. But that's my opinion, Don't even bother repliyng, i already know how it will be.

*Thank you for your feedback etc et etc...*

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

sterlingW

post moved

Edited by sterlingW
  • Downvote 2

SandaledOtter
10 hours ago, sterlingW said:

Taking fairy away is not just a issue with the community, but the problem its the Pokemon TCG Card Makers staffs and TCG Rule Makers.  The TCG Community voice the suggestion to tone down by balancing game, but it was ignored or user was restricted.

Their actually goal to add these restrictions was to very much boost their own business coming from new cards like Uber-fast like Acceleration strategy.High Damage/High HP VMAX and GX not to boost balance of community resulting in loss of keeping high population  playing in Pokemon TCG and Online. This would of been simply prevented if they balance out.

You must be nuts to support their direction of TCG Business future rather the keeping the community gameplay balance. 
The word i am  looking at this TCG Card Makers/Rule Makers direction is "Very Absurd" in all ways

None of that relates to the removal of the Fairy type. Legal cards remain legal until they rotate out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
11 hours ago, sterlingW said:

Taking fairy away is not just a issue with the community, but the problem its the Pokemon TCG Card Makers staffs and TCG Rule Makers.  The TCG Community voice the suggestion to tone down by balancing game, but it was ignored or user was restricted.

Their actually goal to add these restrictions was to very much boost their own business coming from new cards like Uber-fast like Acceleration strategy.High Damage/High HP VMAX and GX not to boost balance of community resulting in loss of keeping high population  playing in Pokemon TCG and Online. This would of been simply prevented if they balance out.

You must be nuts to support their direction of TCG Business future rather the keeping the community gameplay balance. 
The word i am  looking at this TCG Card Makers/Rule Makers direction is "Very Absurd" in all ways

Hello sterlingW, 

The response by SandaledOtter makes sense, right? What do you think? 

Disl3cic

The "balancing" seems like an excuse. Just look at the V and VMAX cards. OP to say the least and we are only seeing the 1st gen cards. Remember when yugioh had to reset the card game? yeah thats coming to PTCG soon. Getting rid of fairy's was unnecessary to say the least. Seems like the Online game has been stacked against fairy decks since the announcement also (went from 12-15 win streaks with fairy decks to a 15 loss streak currently only using fairy's to test the theory and matchmaking is a joke atm) Either way I wasn't a fan of the tag teams either but it just seems like its turning into a smash em all high attack and hp no strat game now. Girls (kids) at the LGS have been pretty sad about loosing their pink cards too. The decision doesn't seem very well thought out but I cant do anything about that besides not buying cards. Just my 2 cents not a personal attack against anyone. 🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SalazzleLover

they need to get rid of psychic pokemon next i really dislike mewtwo & mew GX

• Downvote 1

sterlingW
2 hours ago, Disl3cic said:

The "balancing" seems like an excuse. Just look at the V and VMAX cards. OP to say the least and we are only seeing the 1st gen cards. Remember when yugioh had to reset the card game? yeah thats coming to PTCG soon. Getting rid of fairy's was unnecessary to say the least. Seems like the Online game has been stacked against fairy decks since the announcement also (went from 12-15 win streaks with fairy decks to a 15 loss streak currently only using fairy's to test the theory and matchmaking is a joke atm) Either way I wasn't a fan of the tag teams either but it just seems like its turning into a smash em all high attack and hp no strat game now. Girls (kids) at the LGS have been pretty sad about loosing their pink cards too. The decision doesn't seem very well thought out but I cant do anything about that besides not buying cards. Just my 2 cents not a personal attack against anyone. 🙂

Yea i am pretty sure this removal of fairy type is going related the overall big changes...too...The player online activity definitely going to a ghost town soon. There really no strat....all you see its high hp...high attack easy to use....

• Downvote 1

Trainer45215422

Ah ok while that Gardevoir and Sylveon GX wins a regional. I will LOL if any Gardeon win the Worlds Championship. And Give to pokemon company some applause kkkk

Edited by FelipeMartins51
  • Downvote 1

Raticate555
8 hours ago, FelipeMartins51 said:

Ah ok while that Gardevoir and Sylveon GX wins a regional. I will LOL if any Gardeon win the Worlds Championship. And Give to pokemon company some applause kkkk

With Zacian V coming soon plus a ton of metal support, I rather doubt whether Fairy type will see much play anymore. Fairy Charms don't work against Vs and no turn 1 Green's Exploration hurt as well.

• Upvote 1

OU7C4ST

With a collection of almost 4,000 RoS Togepis, I bid them farewell. 😥

• Upvote 1