FusionSilver

How should I use metal type pokemon that needs metal energy in Henry Brand's deck?

FusionSilver
Posted (edited)

You use metal type pokemon that needs metal energy but you only have water energy. How does that work like in Henry Brand's deck. He has Cobalion and needs metal energy but only has fire and pyshic energy. Please answer i need help cause im building a dec

Help me please

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to be more descriptive and clear

Felidae_

In the future please write your question in the thread and not in the title. Additionally, it would help if you can provide the deck you are talking about, as not everyone may understand what you are asking about.

Anyway, Brand played a Mew&Mewtwo Tag Team deck to win worlds 2019 (Decklist below).

Spoiler

Pokemon - 16

4 Mewtwo & Mew-GX UNM 71

3 Dedenne-GX UNB 57

1 Solgaleo-GX PR-SM 104

1 Reshiram & Charizard-GX UNB 20

1 Magcargo-GX LOT 44

1 Latios-GX UNM 78

1 Espeon & Deoxys-GX UNM 72

1 Naganadel-GX UNM 160

1 Jirachi-GX UNM 79

1 Cobalion-GX TEU 106

1 Marshadow UNB 81

Trainer - 33

4 Welder UNB 189

2 Bill's Analysis TEU 133

4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182

4 Acro Bike CES 123

4 Cherish Ball UNM 191

4 Custom Catcher LOT 171

3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113

2 Switch CES 147

1 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169

1 Fire Crystal UNB 173

3 Giant Hearth UNM 197

1 Viridian Forest TEU 156

Energy - 11

8 Fire Energy 2

3 Psychic Energy 5

He uses Cobalion just for Iron Rule GX in specific situations. Those type of decks are often called “toolbox”, because he has a main attacker and a bunch of 1-off Pokemon that he uses depending on the situation (or rather whose attacks he copies with M&M Tag Team.

Cobalion itself has a pretty weak normal attack and an ability that only works with Metal Energy, hence his use in this deck is fairly limited. However, the GX attack is a neat trick to buy yourself an extra turn, if you don't have a meaningful attack at the moment (i.e. you don't have the necessary energy, or because you used Flare Strike and don't have a way to Switch your active M&M).

• Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
1 hour ago, Felidae_ said:

In the future please write your question in the thread and not in the title. Additionally, it would help if you can provide the deck you are talking about, as not everyone may understand what you are asking about.

Anyway, Brand played a Mew&Mewtwo Tag Team deck to win worlds 2019 (Decklist below).

Reveal hidden contents

He uses Cobalion just for Iron Rule GX in specific situations. Those type of decks are often called “toolbox”, because he has a main attacker and a bunch of 1-off Pokemon that he uses depending on the situation (or rather whose attacks he copies with M&M Tag Team.

Cobalion itself has a pretty weak normal attack and an ability that only works with Metal Energy, hence his use in this deck is fairly limited. However, the GX attack is a neat trick to buy yourself an extra turn, if you don't have a meaningful attack at the moment (i.e. you don't have the necessary energy, or because you used Flare Strike and don't have a way to Switch your active M&M).

Hello @Felidae_

Thank you for helping out the fellow trainer @FusionSilver with bringing some light on how to. 

You were right about the title. ;)