SlyFive0

Cosmic Eclipse Prelease

SlyFive0

Hello, 

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful holiday yesterday. My parents bought me two prelease decks and I opened one of them and built this deck. 

My Deck:

Promo: Phione

2 Empoleon

3 Prinplup

3 Piplup

2 Emboar

2 Pignite

3 Tepig

2 Pokémon Communication

1 Lana’s Fishing Rod

2 Roller Skater

1 Lillie’s Full Force

1 Blue’s Tactics

1 Lillie

1 Erika’s Hospitality

1 Rosa

1 Draw Energy

8 Water Energy

6 Fire Energy

The Evolution Kit was supplying almost everything for this deck, and I didn’t open anything too good in my booster packs.  Also. I had the energies to supply the decks too.  

My cousin ended up losing because of Phione's ability and the snipe from Empoleon. 

He used this deck:

Scott’s Deck:

Promo: Entei

1 Torkoal

1 Onix

1 Togedemaru

1 Sawsbuck

1 Deerling

1 Palossand

1 Sandygast

2 Emboar

2 Pignite

3 Tepig

2 Kricketune

3 Kricketot

1 Professor Oak’s Setup

1 Roller Skater

1 Blue’s Tactics

1 Lillie’s Poke Doll

1 Pokémon Communication        

1 Draw Energy

2 Lighting Energy

2 Fighting Energy

5 Grass Energy

5 Fire Energy

Hope you enjoy this, let me know what you think of these two decks. 

Chasista

Without knowing which set is every card but assuming this is Standard focused, I'd analyse the decks like next:

Emploeon/Emboar

pokémon 16

trainers 10

energies 15

(total 41 cards)

Emboar/Kriketune

pokémon 20

trainers 5

energies 15

(total 40 cards)

I understand this is not sanctioned but you should know:

Any sanctioned deck is 60 cards

Any competitive deck should be around 8-14 pokémon/28-36 trainers/4-14 energies, telling very simple.

To be fair, both decks should have the same amount of cards, as there's a win condition based on decking out, so anyone with less cards will deck out faster.

Yours is way better constructed than Scott's, Thicker lines of evolution with Stage 2 pokémon and techs. Double of trainers, which as you see above, are the main core of a competitive deck usually being even more than pokémon+energies together. Less different types and only 2 type of energies, which means almost every energy you draw will work with one or the other of your pokémon, while Scott's will have a hard time to find the type needed for the pokémon in play.

I couldn't analyse decks form a competitive point of view because they are sure for casual games and the poll of cards to choose from is not unlimited but fast thought, any Rare candy would improve the decks 😉

Important is to have fun and enjoy the game, collect little by little and enjoy playing improving the decks whenever you can :)

Edited by Chasista

SlyFive0

Yeah, good point. I forgot to mention that this was prelease deck that we were playing. Turns out that using Emboar isn't reliable enough with just 16 energies. 

Thanks for the advice.   

Mod_GuruLot
22 hours ago, Chasista said:

Without knowing which set is every card but assuming this is Standard focused, I'd analyse the decks like next:

Emploeon/Emboar

pokémon 16

trainers 10

energies 15

(total 41 cards)

Emboar/Kriketune

pokémon 20

trainers 5

energies 15

(total 40 cards)

I understand this is not sanctioned but you should know:

Any sanctioned deck is 60 cards

Any competitive deck should be around 8-14 pokémon/28-36 trainers/4-14 energies, telling very simple.

To be fair, both decks should have the same amount of cards, as there's a win condition based on decking out, so anyone with less cards will deck out faster.

Yours is way better constructed than Scott's, Thicker lines of evolution with Stage 2 pokémon and techs. Double of trainers, which as you see above, are the main core of a competitive deck usually being even more than pokémon+energies together. Less different types and only 2 type of energies, which means almost every energy you draw will work with one or the other of your pokémon, while Scott's will have a hard time to find the type needed for the pokémon in play.

I couldn't analyse decks form a competitive point of view because they are sure for casual games and the poll of cards to choose from is not unlimited but fast thought, any Rare candy would improve the decks 😉

Important is to have fun and enjoy the game, collect little by little and enjoy playing improving the decks whenever you can :)

Hello @Chasista

Thank you for helping out the fellow trainer @SlyFive0 with a piece of handy advice! :) 

SlyFive0

Something I would add, you made a very great point with rare candy. But Empoleon needs the middle stage to function, or else he is dead weight in the deck.  

Mod_GuruLot
On 12/29/2019 at 8:59 PM, SlyFive0 said:

Something I would add, you made a very great point with rare candy. But Empoleon needs the middle stage to function, or else he is dead weight in the deck.  

Hello @SlyFive0

That's a good point in regard to Empoleon. Thank you for posting! :)