ultratribopower

Help finding the decklist of an oldschool deck

ultratribopower

Only recently I start playing Pokemon TCG online and wanted to know if I could build and play my first oldschool pokemon deck that I bought along time ago, the problem is, I don't even know if I have those cards with my anymore, and I don't remember all the cards on the deck list, all I know is:

It was a grass/fighting type deck

the main theme was the machop evolutions, I remember having this card Machamp

It had Wurmple ( I think it was to help setting the deck)

Its a deck from 2007-2012 (Gen5 was not out for sure, it was probably around the Gen3/Gen4 timeline)

That's all the information I remember sorry if its not enough 😕

If anyone could help I would be truly thankful.

Edited by ultratribopower

SandaledOtter

Off-site links aren't allowed here, so that will be removed soon if you don't do it yourself. (Child safe site) So:

If you know what card that Machamp is, you can determine which set it is from and tell us directly, as well as giving the card number for that set.

Listing attacks and such that it has can help as well.

In any case, within the PTCGO app you can view your collection, check "show not owned," and search Machamp to see all the cards of that Pokémon available in the game.

The cards in the game date back as far as 2009-2010 (Japanese were before English), which is in the range you state, though closer to the end of it than the beginning.

Old cards not currently in the game were printed by WotC rather than the Pokémon Company and will in all likelihood never exist in the online game.

Edited by SandaledOtter
  • Like 1

ultratribopower

Sorry about that, didn't know Off-site links aren't allowed here, I found the card in the official site Machamp

but in the case that doesn't work, its a card from EX Power Keepers

120 HP fighting type

Poké-Body
Overzealous

If your opponent has any Pokémon-ex in play, each of Machamp's attacks does 30 more damage to the Defending Pokémon.

Brick Smash 40

This attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects  on the Defending Pokémon.

Cross Chop 60+

Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 60 damage plus 30 more damage.

11/108 Rare Holo 

tough there are so many different types of the same card I don't know how that helps

and the Illustrator is Ken Sugimori.

As you said, I doubt I can use this card in the current game,but now I atleast want to know the original decklist.

Thank you for your time and patience

SandaledOtter
6 hours ago, ultratribopower said:

tough there are so many different types of the same card I don't know how that helps

There are many Machamp cards, but THAT Machamp is only that number and set plus 9/101 from EX Hidden Legends. It isn't available in the online game at all.

As for the deck, I can't find a theme deck using that card, but others might be better at that.

• Upvote 1

Otakutron

@ultratribopower Are we talking about an unaltered Theme Deck, or an older deck archetype you remember?  One of the two decks that were released alongside EX - Power Keepers contains the Machoke from EX - Power Keepers.  Do a search for Pokemon TCG Mind Game to find it.  Possibly it was one of the more obscure releases, but I am using a source that tends to have those and this is the closest I've come to it.

Black & White was the first TCG set for Gen V, and it officially released on April 25, 2011 in North America and many other major markets.

If the Machamp has been correctly identified, know that there are two releases for it:

• Machamp ( EX - Hidden Legends 9/101)
  • Machamp ( EX - Power Keepers 11/108)

The former officially released on June 14, 2004, the latter February 14, 2007.  Was the deck you're talking about a Standard Format compliant deck at the time?  EX - Power Keepers rotated out of the Standard - then referred to as the "Modified" Format on September 1, 2008.

So... I hope we can find it, but unless this deck was just a fun one you and your friends built, it is probably over 10 years old, and definitely unavailable on the PTCGO.

Edited by Otakutron
Forced me to add a space between the paranthesis and the "EX" preffix for set names O_o
  • Like 1

ultratribopower
On 12/22/2019 at 4:06 PM, Otakutron said:

@ultratribopower Are we talking about an unaltered Theme Deck, or an older deck archetype you remember?  One of the two decks that were released alongside EX - Power Keepers contains the Machoke from EX - Power Keepers.  Do a search for Pokemon TCG Mind Game to find it.  Possibly it was one of the more obscure releases, but I am using a source that tends to have those and this is the closest I've come to it.

Black & White was the first TCG set for Gen V, and it officially released on April 25, 2011 in North America and many other major markets.

If the Machamp has been correctly identified, know that there are two releases for it:

• Machamp ( EX - Hidden Legends 9/101)
  • Machamp ( EX - Power Keepers 11/108)

The former officially released on June 14, 2004, the latter February 14, 2007.  Was the deck you're talking about a Standard Format compliant deck at the time?  EX - Power Keepers rotated out of the Standard - then referred to as the "Modified" Format on September 1, 2008.

So... I hope we can find it, but unless this deck was just a fun one you and your friends built, it is probably over 10 years old, and definitely unavailable on the PTCGO.

It was a legit pre-build 60 card deck ready to play that I bought from the store back then (don't know for what format it was), unfortunly I don't remember the exact year, I am pretty sure It was the Power Keepers version, is there anywhere I can look for older deck releases, It had Wurmple in it, If i dig deep maybe we can find it :(