TheoryG

[GENERAL] Game Not Loading

TheoryG

Hello. Recently a new pokemon tcgo update came out and i was hyped to install it. The refresher downloaded it and once it was done it just made me re-do the whole thing. Its been an hour and i have started over the update million times because of this. Any help?

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect this sub's format.

Mod_GuruLot
7 hours ago, TheoryG said:

Hello. Recently a new pokemon tcgo update came out and i was hyped to install it. The refresher downloaded it and once it was done it just made me re-do the whole thing. Its been an hour and i have started over the update million times because of this. Any help?

Hello @TheoryG

I'm sorry to hear you run into issues with the update. 

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game again. In many instances, this will resolve the issue with the Windows client that you are describing.

For specific instructions on how to do a full uninstallation of the TCGO Windows Client, please read here

After uninstalling, simply reinstall the game from the official download page

You can also reach out to our support team if you continue to having issues.

If you click this link to the support portal and select the "Ask a Question" option, you will be able to open a ticket.

Hope this helps! 

Edited by Mod_GuruLot

Eevush

22 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello @TheoryG

I'm sorry to hear you run into issues with the update. 

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game again. In many instances, this will resolve the issue with the Windows client that you are describing.

For specific instructions on how to do a full uninstallation of the TCGO Windows Client, please read here

After uninstalling, simply reinstall the game from the official download page

You can also reach out to our support team if you continue to having issues.

If you click this link to the support portal and select the "Ask a Question" option, you will be able to open a ticket.

Hope this helps! 

Thank you for your advice.

I had the same problem as the guy posting this thread, so I uninstalled and re-downloaded the setup file from the site to reinstall.

Now the game won't load at the loading screen. Keeps getting stuck on a certain amount of % and then loses connection.

Mod_RedDragon
8 hours ago, Eevush said:

Thank you for your advice.

I had the same problem as the guy posting this thread, so I uninstalled and re-downloaded the setup file from the site to reinstall.

Now the game won't load at the loading screen. Keeps getting stuck on a certain amount of % and then loses connection.

Hello @Eevush!

If you are losing connection to the game, please check out the steps below. If you are still running into an issue, please reach out to the support team by clicking the link in my signature, selecting the PTCGO option, and then selecting "Contact Us". 

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

* Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. Please find instructions to flush DNS cache in Windows 10 below:

1. Right click on the Start Icon.

2. Click on Command Prompt.

3. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns. and press ENTER.

4. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.