Trading Advice - How to increase your chances of a successful trade

ChadDragonLord

Greetings all. I am hoping that every person who wishes to trade will read this. I've been active in trading online with the public for several months now and have been accumulating a whole list of annoying things that people do and how to avoid them.

1. Don't offer a single unopened pack for "rare candy" or "pokemon catcher" or for any good rare for that matter - you're wasting your time as nobody in their right mind would accept that trade. I've seen this type of offer at least 20 times a day. Has anyone ever made this trade? I don't think so.

2. Always look at the trade from the other person's point of view. Do you really think the other person wants to give you their good rare for your junk rare? Or even worse, for commons and uncommons? Come on, have some common sense. Make reasonable offers. Otherwise you are just wasting your time and ours.

3. In your message don't say things like "Need rare candy" or "Want Zekrom". Instead, use that space to tell them what you are offering. People don't really care what you want, they are only interested in what you have to give them. It is more likely to bring people in by telling them what you are willing to give them. This is advertising space so use it to draw people to your trade offer.

Basically it all comes back to thinking about the other person's view point. Everyone would love to give away their trash cards for good ones, but nobody would do that going the other way. You wouldn't, so why think other people might? Just ask yourself this question before creating any offer - If I was the other person would I do this trade? Use common sense and make reasonable offers. If nobody bites after a few days, maybe it is time to change your offer instead of repeating the same offer over and over and over and over like I have also seen so often.

You should include offers that have the subject reversed from the offer (i.e. Offering X for Y, but when you look at the trade it is Y for X).

________________________________________________________________________________

"When you phail I'll tell you" ~ Me.

^ Those are people trying to scam.

Nice first post though- I was thinking about doing something like this myself as Im sick of wading through the garbage offers.

Archived