Bergoooo

New to selling Pokemon Cards! Advice?

Bergoooo

What's up everybody, I don't really know how to start this but I have been a long time Pokemon fan and have about a thousand Pokemon cards from first editions to releases in 2007. I only play the online game and never play it in real life and I'm a college student struggling to pay rent so I guess it's time for me to finally let these cards go :( the only problem is that I have NO clue at all how to sell these. I have a lot of holo first editions, delta species, old EX's, etc. any Advice on how to sell these?

B-rad_UGG

You could break some up into certain collections and sell them on the internet (won't let me type the name of the site but it's well known for users who bid to buy the item) to the highest bidder or leave a set price. Either way should work if you put enough in each set collection and as long as you don't put too many you can sell them all and break it up. Don't know how much you'll make but it's a good idea to maybe test one and see what you get and if it goes well then do more.

Edited by B-rad_UGG

Howell1018

I'm in a similar boat, I'm not in a hurry to sell my cards, but would like some information on how to go about it should I decide to.

First some information about me as I believe I'm not the typical Pokemon collector.  I'm 69 years old {gasp} and a retired elementary school teacher.  I'm only interested in the collecting aspect.  I've collected stamps, coins, and sports cards (mostly baseball) since I was about 7 years old and therefore know the ins and outs of collectibles.  I've never "played" Pokemon and have no interest in actually playing the game.  What happened is  about 1999 my 4th grade students were very interested in Pokemon cards.  At first they were mostly a nuisance to me (the cards, not the students) and I would have to "confiscate" cards (I always gave them back) from kids who were looking at their cards and not paying attention to ME.  Then I started getting interested and began buying them off of **** mostly.  My involvement with stamps and coins taught me to buy the best and most expensive I could  afford.  As an adult I had more disposable income at the time than the average 4th grader.  I'm now looking at a collection of maybe 500 cards.  All are mint never been played.  Most of my cards are from the base set.  Most of my cards are 1st edition (Yes I know they're valuable and have placed the most valuable ones in a safe deposit box at the bank).  I have about 40 cards that have been slabbed and graded by PSA.  I stopped collecting and believe the most recent cards I have are from the Neo set.  Here are my questions:

1)  Is there a reputable auction company that handles Pokemon cards?  That would be the easiest way to go as they would identify and market them for me.  

2)  Assuming there is no auction firm handling Pokemon cards (I haven't found any) is **** the best way to go?

3)  Is there a newspaper/magazine that features Pokemon cards?  I used to get the Beckett monthly magazine, but I believe they discontinued publishing many years ago.

4)  I'm inclined to get more of my cards graded by PSA, but they generally charge $20 apiece.  Some of my cards are worth maybe $40 if they're PSA 9 (not worth the $20 charge) but worth maybe $200 if they're PSA 10 which I know is difficult attain.  So how do I determine which are worth grading?  (I'm aware of PSA's $10 per card grading service when submitting 50 or more cards....but how do I know what they're worth until they're graded?

5)  I have a fair amount of Japanese cards (base set).  I understand they are not as valuable as the English versions.  Would I be better off listing them in Japanese **** or the like?  (I also have the Spanish, Korean, French, German versions as well.)

Any legitimate responses are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  (If I placed this in the wrong area I apologize in advance.)

kodking
On 12/7/2019 at 3:50 AM, Bergoooo said:

What's up everybody, I don't really know how to start this but I have been a long time Pokemon fan and have about a thousand Pokemon cards from first editions to releases in 2007. I only play the online game and never play it in real life and I'm a college student struggling to pay rent so I guess it's time for me to finally let these cards go :( the only problem is that I have NO clue at all how to sell these. I have a lot of holo first editions, delta species, old EX's, etc. any Advice on how to sell these?

i suggest looking up their prices on ****. sell them for about that much or better. with really rare ones i suggest grading them. it costs around $20 to do so. for instance reshizard GX rr ungraded is worth arounf 200-300 dollars. graded and ranked 10 is worth 500-700 dollars, depending on the country and the price u out it at and the condition. i suggest useing this trick. search **** and type up the name or the card and then the series number like 30/241 then psa 10. this shows how much graded and graded 10 menaing perfect condition. i suggest only grading card 8 and up. maybe 7 depending on the cards price. now becuase it costs $20 to grade u will want to get atleast $40 out of it. this is because 20 to make up for the grading. then 20 to make 100% of what u spent. since u have some older cards they could be worth major money. hope this helps. another tip. if u have japanese cards they can be wrht more depending on the collector and what country u r in. people like to collect japanese cards becuase pokemon originates from japan (obviouse). so they can be very highly sort after.