Sign in to follow this  
Pichuwo

[CARD] Mienshao AI Softlock

Pichuwo

Client: 2.67.0.4542:#1990
Card: Mienshao
Card Number: Furious Fists #57
Expected Action: After Mienshao's Aero Turn attack is used and all cards attached to it are returned to the AI opponent's hand, they should choose a card to replace it as the active pokemon.
Actual Action: After Mienshao's Aero Turn attack is used and all cards attached to it are returned to the AI opponent's hand, the AI does nothing. Because the match is against an AI opponent, there is no idle timer, leading to an infinite wait. Because it is the opponent's turn, conceding does not work, forcing the player to manually close the game window. 
Steps to Reproduce: Play against Juji in her first battle in the gold league of the trainer challenge, then allow the game to progress to a point where she uses Mienshao's Aero Turn attack.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect this sub's format.

Mod_GuruLot
44 minutes ago, Pichuwo said:

Client: 2.67.0.4542:#1990
Card: Mienshao
Card Number: Furious Fists #57
Expected Action: After Mienshao's Aero Turn attack is used and all cards attached to it are returned to the AI opponent's hand, they should choose a card to replace it as the active pokemon.
Actual Action: After Mienshao's Aero Turn attack is used and all cards attached to it are returned to the AI opponent's hand, the AI does nothing. Because the match is against an AI opponent, there is no idle timer, leading to an infinite wait. Because it is the opponent's turn, conceding does not work, forcing the player to manually close the game window. 
Steps to Reproduce: Play against Juji in her first battle in the gold league of the trainer challenge, then allow the game to progress to a point where she uses Mienshao's Aero Turn attack.

Hello @Pichuwo

Thank you for taking the time to report this possible bug. 

If you could, please update this topic with a game log or partial game log the next time you run into this.

It would help our development team to see what cards and interactions you are dealing with.

I've updated the title of your thread with the correct category.

LiquidLutetium

I was unable to reproduce this bug given various conditions in testing. It may require more specific conditions than simply Juji using the Aero Turn attack, e.g. your active Pokemon being knocked out by this attack to cause a softlock of the game. 

Mod_GuruLot
17 hours ago, LiquidLutetium said:

I was unable to reproduce this bug given various conditions in testing. It may require more specific conditions than simply Juji using the Aero Turn attack, e.g. your active Pokemon being knocked out by this attack to cause a softlock of the game. 

Hello @LiquidLutetium

Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate it! 

Chasista

I can confirm this bug happened to me too. One or two times.

Luckily, being the Trainer challenge, closing the game and login in again, will lead to the same point of the game it was before asthe client keeps the progress of the IA games.

On the other hand, I have to say it didn't happened all the times but that one and two only, and as LiquidLutetium said, is not always possible to reproduce. When it happened I kept the log to publish the bug and tried to reproduce again but the game ended with Juji using Aero Turn again with no problems next times, so I just moved forward until now I saw it happened to more people.

I have to agree that probably, like said, it requires more specific conditions that I can't guess right now. I just can confirm it happened to me too, around one/two weeks ago as much.

Mod_GuruLot
16 hours ago, Chasista said:

I can confirm this bug happened to me too. One or two times.

Luckily, being the Trainer challenge, closing the game and login in again, will lead to the same point of the game it was before asthe client keeps the progress of the IA games.

On the other hand, I have to say it didn't happened all the times but that one and two only, and as LiquidLutetium said, is not always possible to reproduce. When it happened I kept the log to publish the bug and tried to reproduce again but the game ended with Juji using Aero Turn again with no problems next times, so I just moved forward until now I saw it happened to more people.

I have to agree that probably, like said, it requires more specific conditions that I can't guess right now. I just can confirm it happened to me too, around one/two weeks ago as much.

Hello @Chasista

Thank you for updating this topic with your feedback. 

If you find out what these specific conditions are, please don't hesitate to share it here. 

Sign in to follow this