Sign in to follow this  
GrewupGeek

Pokemon V Cards

GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, I was at Walmart, and I seen three boxes that included the Galar starters, yet each one comes with a variation that focused on a particular one.  Also notice what might be the replacement for the GX cards, which would be called the V card.  Not a useable one, but rather an oversized one featured either Zacian or Zamazenta.  Right now wondering if they plan to use the Dynamax Pokemon in a similar way to the Mega EX cards.

kodking
3 hours ago, GrewupGeek said:

Hey everyone, I was at Walmart, and I seen three boxes that included the Galar starters, yet each one comes with a variation that focused on a particular one.  Also notice what might be the replacement for the GX cards, which would be called the V card.  Not a useable one, but rather an oversized one featured either Zacian or Zamazenta.  Right now wondering if they plan to use the Dynamax Pokemon in a similar way to the Mega EX cards.

got a friend of mines to mail me a few boxes. they kinda disappointing IMO, real let down form the GX cards. maybe something like DX or D MAX and G max might have been cool. even just buffing them up as i saw a leak for some of the V cards, they are really weak compared to even some regular cards

Felidae_

First thing to consider is that the Pokemon of the initial set of any new era have historically been a bit weaker. Just compare the first GX cards to the ones that came later, not to mention the Tag Team GX cards.

Personally I like the idea of tuning things down a bit again, in order to keep power creep steady for the time being. While the risk of this is obviously a lack in sales until S&M rotates out of Standard in the summer, the trainer cards that have been spoilered so far more than make up for the underwhelming Pokemon cards. We got Juniper back and that's all I care about for the moment :D.

I'm also curious how the new turn 1 supporter rule will play out.

Sign in to follow this