Sign in to follow this  
EpicShonenGuy

[GAME] Any ETA on fixing "simple effects staying always on?"

EpicShonenGuy

I want to ask when will i be able to turn on and off the simple effects? This is has been adressed in multiple topics and i already reached out the ticket support team and it was concluded that my laptop is "below/at minimum requeriments". Which is literally impossible because i could always turn on and turn off the simple effects on this same laptop. This bug or glitch?! idk what it is, it appeared after the detective pikachu update which was in March i believe?!

Anyway the team admitted that the simple effects option is not working on some devices and they are working on it to fix it, which means they know the problem is happening on their part, so basically my laptop can't be below or at minimum requeriments out of nowhere because i could always turn off and turn on the simple effects, there were no problems and then that update happened and boom it messed everything. The game client was literally unplayable around that time of the detective pikachu update, since then the team was able to smooth the game and is currently very stable but i still can't turn off and on the simple effects. 

This is not a suggestion you already know about this issue and almost all the users who complained about this use a lenovo laptop same as me, maybe the game client is having an engine conflict with this specific brand? 

I just want to know if you are close to fix the issue? I mean at first glance it may seem a minor problem but it actually bugs me alot that i can't play with the better animation and sound effects on a laptop where i play other games the require better specs and i have zero problems with it, only in PTCGO, so it can't be me. I miss when a specific type of pokemon attacks the active opponent's pokemon for example a lightning pokemon attacks and it sounds it created a big storm,  with the simple effects it just sounds like an old sound like the original pimball game for WinXP.

Don't ask me to create a support ticket because i already did it and the answer will be the same, i just want a straight answer from here please. Is it getting fixed as we speak? Any estimated time?

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect this sub's format.

Mod_GuruLot
12 hours ago, EpicShonenGuy said:

I want to ask when will i be able to turn on and off the simple effects? This is has been adressed in multiple topics and i already reached out the ticket support team and it was concluded that my laptop is "below/at minimum requeriments". Which is literally impossible because i could always turn on and turn off the simple effects on this same laptop. This bug or glitch?! idk what it is, it appeared after the detective pikachu update which was in March i believe?!

Anyway the team admitted that the simple effects option is not working on some devices and they are working on it to fix it, which means they know the problem is happening on their part, so basically my laptop can't be below or at minimum requeriments out of nowhere because i could always turn off and turn on the simple effects, there were no problems and then that update happened and boom it messed everything. The game client was literally unplayable around that time of the detective pikachu update, since then the team was able to smooth the game and is currently very stable but i still can't turn off and on the simple effects. 

This is not a suggestion you already know about this issue and almost all the users who complained about this use a lenovo laptop same as me, maybe the game client is having an engine conflict with this specific brand? 

I just want to know if you are close to fix the issue? I mean at first glance it may seem a minor problem but it actually bugs me alot that i can't play with the better animation and sound effects on a laptop where i play other games the require better specs and i have zero problems with it, only in PTCGO, so it can't be me. I miss when a specific type of pokemon attacks the active opponent's pokemon for example a lightning pokemon attacks and it sounds it created a big storm,  with the simple effects it just sounds like an old sound like the original pimball game for WinXP.

Don't ask me to create a support ticket because i already did it and the answer will be the same, i just want a straight answer from here please. Is it getting fixed as we speak? Any estimated time?

Hello @EpicShonenGuy

Thank you for your question and feedback. 

Unfortunately,  we can't comment on anything unannounced.

It'll be announced officially by the development team as soon as it happens. 

Though we love hearing your suggestions!

I'm also editing the title of your thread to reflect this sub's format.

Sign in to follow this