Sign in to follow this  
jdrooper

Is there an equivalent card equal in value to Welder and Giant Hearth for the other energies?

jdrooper

Welder card for Fire erngy

Is there pickups for the other energy type decks or are they relying mostly on draw card alternatives?

SandaledOtter

They make weak attempts at giving each type a different play style.

It doesn't work because they break their own rules too frequently, and don't give the other types something of similar value.

🔥 has expensive attacks and ways to play more energy, but then they have inexpensive attacks and STILL can play that energy.

No, there aren't 💧, 🍃, , 👁️, 🎀, 🌩️, 🥈, and 🌑 variants of Welder. There are other things in SOME of those.

Edited by SandaledOtter

jdrooper

What are the best supporter cards that are dark energy exclusive?  Which packs did they come out in?  I'd have to double check which packs of cards are valid.  I believe it is the 5 most recent in date released,  and one other.  They run standard and I guess I'd also like examples of good dark energy cards for expanded.  If you could let me know which one is good for a dark energy deck in both standard and expanded.

kodking
13 hours ago, jdrooper said:

What are the best supporter cards that are dark energy exclusive?  Which packs did they come out in?  I'd have to double check which packs of cards are valid.  I believe it is the 5 most recent in date released,  and one other.  They run standard and I guess I'd also like examples of good dark energy cards for expanded.  If you could let me know which one is good for a dark energy deck in both standard and expanded.

i use incineroar GX and sneasal GX for quick energy setup

Otakutron

As @SandaledOtter mentioned, the designers sort of give Types specializations, but it seems inconsistent.  Probably because the video games have too many redundant Types (for how they are used).  That's an otaku rant for another time, however; what might help for you to know is that while Standard might only have one Type capable of doing "a thing", you sometimes find equivalents in other Types.  The big thing to remember is not to look for exact parallels; sometimes you will find it (Aqua Patch and Dark Patch) but what one Type does with a Supporter, another might do with an Ability or attack or Item or Stadium etc.

If you're up for that, consider editing your original post so we can keep a running tally. ;) I was just going to post them all myself, but even leaving out things like Pokémon that only accelerate Energy to itself, there actually is a lot.  Oh, and some will be Standard, some will be Expanded-only, some will be based on the Pokémon to which it is being attached, some are based on the Energy to which it is attached, etc.  Some examples...

Basic Energy cards have Max Elixir.

Special Energy has Porygon-Z (SM - Unbroken Bonds 157/214).

The [C] Type has Double Colorless Energy and Triple Acceleration Energy.

The [D] Type has Dark Patch.

The [N] Type has Double Dragon Energy, N's Resolve and Zinnia.

Mod_GuruLot

Hello @SandaledOtter and @Otakutron

Thank you for responding to the fellow trainer @jdrooper question. 

It's nice of you to continue helping out in the forum. :)

Sign in to follow this